My Dad is going to celebrate Christmas

by will_the_apostate 8 Replies latest jw friends

• will_the_apostate
    will_the_apostate

My Dad has been in since 1967, been df'd five times but always came back. Today I hinted that my kids had bought him something and he replied that he would like a Chistmas list for the kids, and he is going to try and come up from SC for Christmas. Thats 3 of of my 5 family members out!!!

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I bet you are happy...

DF'd 5 times..is that a record? lol

Snoozy

• will_the_apostate
    will_the_apostate

Most of the df'ings were in the early 70's and 80's he has been pretty good the last 30 years with only one. I am hoping he just never goes back

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Apologies if you've already posted it, but is your Dad still attending, or has he left?

In any case, it's great that he wants to spend time with your kids.

• I quit!
    I quit!

Good for your father. I'm wondering if he is a JW in good standing right now because if he is celebrating Christmas could take him to number 6 in df'ings. . He could retire from the JWs holding a record that would be very tough for anyone to beat.

I'm happy for you and your family. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas.

• will_the_apostate
    will_the_apostate

My Dad still does token attendence because My Grandfather is still alive. But like most halls the fine christian brothers and sisters in his hall are doing everything possible to expedite his leaving by acting like dubs

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I think the 70's and 80's were killer years for being naughty...

I wonder what the statistics were for those years? Mass exiting possibly?

Snoozy, who left around 1975..(but hubby stayed in off and on)

• mouthy
    mouthy

Hey that is GREAT news.... Show him the love!!!He will want to come again

• ILTSF
    ILTSF

Great news! :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit