Thank you

by lrkr 2 Replies latest jw friends

• lrkr
    lrkr

I want to wish everyone on this board a very Happy Thanksgiving. Also- I want to thank each of you for your role in opening my eyes. Three years ago- my family celebrated our first Thanksgiving (with neighbors and friends). The mental and emotional freedom that we have experienced is a gift that cannot be valued (like the Mastercard commercial- PRICELESS). Your posts whether they were historical, flaming, snarky, depressed, insightful or compassionate- have all immeasurably contributed to my family's freedom and happiness.

To those of you who are without family today- you have a special place in our hearts- be thankful for your freedom and know that you do have family here.

To those children and parents and spouses who are still stuck in the BORG- I hope and wish (would say pray- but Im not really into that now)- that freedom comes. I remember the lonley days- wondering why not getting together with family was such a crime against God. Those lonely days eventually led to my freedom. I hope the same for you.

Happy Thanksgiving!

• I quit!
    I quit!

Very nice post. The holidays do make you feel like a lonely outcast when you are JW. I'm glad you escaped the bondage.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Thank you! for that beautiful post. It is so true - getting together with family is absolutely wonderful and the real beauty of the holidays. More than gifts, more than eats, it's the togetherness that's joyful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit