Drama's and JW acting skills

by sleepy 3 Replies latest jw friends

• sleepy
    sleepy

It nice to be entertained by a good TV programme or film.But there is some terrible rubbish produced also.
    But nothing can prepare a person for the atrocity that is the convention DRAMA!

It would first be hyped up by the chair man at the begining of the assembley as a highlight to be looked forward to.Often it was a high- light for very different reasons.

First of all you need to know that in Britian they use the american duved vioces in the drama.
    Now theres nothing wrong with american voices , I'm sure you all sound lovley , but this is Britian we do not have american accents.
    We do not use all of the same words. And unfortunatly this is american acting at its worst.

The result is an embarassing soap opera style dialogue that at my local convetion was heared all over the city centre , as our assembly was in a open air sports stadium right in the middle of town.
    Yes I can hear it in my head now The corny voices of moses , pharoh , Jesabel.I can see the arms of the actors waving franticly in the air the gross over gesturing and parading of the cast.

And the names "Randy , do-you-not-know gawd (hands in the air)hates
    imorality?"
    Do they not know what randy means in Britian?

The cheap set made out of borrowed furniture.Andthe stick on beards of the men.How ridiculas you can not grow a beard as a witness so you have to have a stick on one in the drama.

All in all the Drama was the worst part of the assembly.I cannot imagine any new person coming and being impressed by one.

What were you dramas like?

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

The Dramas are a drama in itself.

Guest 77

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Mrs Ozzie and I have been viewing the Dramas for many years now, in fact from when they were first introduced to the convention programs.

Over the years they have followed the same format: a modern-day JW household needing a little re-adjustment of at least one of its members is contrasted with a Bible times re-enactment of some O.T. story.

Of course, it's appropriate that it be taken from the O.T. because the Witnesses use basically a Mosaic Law, O.T. following theology.

BTW I know you Brits just love it when you hear Randy called from the kitchen! It brings more than a snigger here in Oz too! I can recall one recent drama where the reaction of the audience to a particularly heavy and serious scene was outright laughter! It was the American language that did it! Very counter-productive.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."
    Anonymous

• BritBoy
    BritBoy

Sleepy!!

Don't knock it 'til you tried it! I was a "star" in one Drama! It was the modern day drama and I got the coveted part of the younger brother of the "naughty" daughter who had been involved in wrong doing! I was one of the whistle blowers who after much prayer to Jah decided to tell the truth and clear my conscience! I too developed this amazing American accent! It was fab! And the fact that the words roared out thru the hall, but my lips never moved (kinda reminds me of Victoria Beckham's perfomance at Leicesters Party in the Park last summer) was quite amazing! I remember all the praise that was heaped on me afterwards by all and sundry who said how much they appreciated the effort put in and the acting! LOL...ACTING?

So until YOU have had the honour of acting in a Drama, no more negative comments please!! I learned that scoring brownie points was easy when you could name drop the drama you starred in and the fact that I was the good guy in it! Not as thrilling as being interveiwed at a convention though.. as a pioneer having just been accepted to Bethel... and telling all how far I had come... the fact that half in attendance knew that less than three years earlier as an undunked publisher I had been publically reproved for shagging Derek, the elders son, did not need to be mentioned in detail. I remember all the elders that came up to me and told me how proud they were at how I had come to kick that evil habit (sucking cock I think) and that Jah was obviously blessing me now! Of course I did not take into consideration the fact that I spent lunch times wandering around scoping the talent WITH a group of sisters!!! Jehovahs Witness Fag Hags and they had NO idea!!!

Just my Saturday morning 2p worth!!!

They wouldn't have made the cane if you weren't meant to break the rules!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit