Faith in the anointed organization

by Honesty 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Honesty
    Honesty

Who could argue with something as logical as this...

Faith in the anointed organization Jehovah uses today is also important. His anointed organization is shown in the Scriptures to be the “faithful and discreet slave” that dispenses the meat in due season. We certainly rejoice in the spiritual food and understanding we have received; and we should grow strong in our faith as a result of it. We should prove all things and build our foundation of Scriptural knowledge and faith on what we know to be good and true. However, having received such information and knowledge through the faithful slave class, should we suddenly develop pessimism or disbelief because we do not clearly understand all things? We recall that Daniel had questions regarding the material he recorded under inspiration, but he was content to wait upon Jehovah for the right understanding. We should take a similar positive attitude and exercise faith rather than be negative in our outlook or demand unreasonable proof.
    JUNE 1, 1955 WATCHTOWER
    PAGES 341-342
    PARAGRAPH 17

• Ding
    Ding

Not me.

I always insist on UNREASONABLE proof.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Its ridiculous right?!?!??! OMG, I can't tell you how much this makes my blood boil. Check out this paragraph from this week's bookstudy!!!

cfchap.13p.137par.19“ILovetheFather”

We have a profound spiritual need to show such love. Jehovah has thus arranged for us to worship in a way that our love for our Father is nourished and strengthened. When you attend Christian meetings, try to remember that you are there to worship your God.Facets of that worship include joining in heartfelt prayer, singing songs of praise, listening attentively, and participating when possible. Such meetings also give you an opportunity to encourage fellow Christians. (Hebrews 10:24, 25) Worshipping Jehovah regularly at Christian meetings will help you to grow ever stronger in your love for God.

They substitute themselves as Jehovah, so the meetings aren't their brainchild, but rather Jah's. On top of that, considering what's actually reviewed at meetings, can it really be considering worship of God? I mean the main subjects considered are, the faithful and discreet slave, why we should go to meetings, why we should participate, why field service is so important, etc.. I don't feel as if I'm worshiping God when at meetings as much as I feel I'm being inculcated to worship all the things that make JWs peculiar. Both Jesus and Jehovah seem to have been replaced by emphasis of regimented duties and activities, if that makes sense?

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Both Jesus and Jehovah seem to have been replaced by emphasis of regimented duties and activities, if that makes sense?

It makes perfect sense, and that is why the meetings do not build up people spiritually. There is no importance given to true love or devotion to God. It is all about appearances, and doing things for the benefit of the Governing Body.

When I started to examine things from a spiritual point of view, the WTS and its cronies were found lacking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit