When you were in Bethel??

by mouthy 8 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

1989.1990.1991,1992,1993, Did you see me with a bus load of others
    picket Bethel with placards,loudspeakers????I loved doing it.
    Even the cops liked us doing it. I used to follow some of the "Bethelites"
    around the back, & have little talks with them, They didnt answer but they
    had ears an on occasions blushed. I loved the fellow on the door -He was there
    every year. I used to yell at him"I came back to see you sweetie" One time he snickered
    Just wanted any of you Bethelite's to let me know .Used to see the curtains move
    One year when they knew we were coming ( went every year on the 19th.Oct)
    So they dug up all the pavement in front of the building had the buldozers making noise LOL

I loved doing it LOL Troublemaker am I YEAH!????!!!!! Glad I am .If I can help ANYONE
    leave the slavery so be it.

Undeserved Kindness >>>>GRACE

• asilentone
    asilentone

I visited Bethel in 1983. I saw Mr. Coffee. Have you ever met him before?

• mouthy
    mouthy

No Who the heck is he when he is there?

• asilentone
    asilentone

He is the famous apostate that yells every morning at Brooklyn Bethel. I think his real name is Justin Wagner.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I think he was run over and killed.

• factfinder
    factfinder

Mr. coffee was a nutcase! He condemned the WT for serving coffee -that most sinful of drinks! I remember he had a friend-Teapot!

A bethelite told me a mobster offered to put "a hit on him" because they did'nt like him either! The brothers strongly turned down the offer.

I used to enjoy visiting Bethel- I loved the Printing operation, well everything there except boring depts like sheet-metal shop Etc.

I hated the ones like mr. coffee and Yawah's restored Israel and jeremiah their leader! If something bad happened to them-good!

Does anyone else remember Jeremiah and mr. coffee? What nut cases they were!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Mouthy, I just missed you. I arrived in Brooklyn in March of 1994. I did see a few apostates, on the regular "Apostate Day". Bethel would warn us in advance that apostates would be on the streets around Bethel. I recall seeing a sign about 1975, but I would turn away and not make eye contact with anyone. (Too bad I didn't pay attention, way back then.)

• dssynergy
    dssynergy

I visited Bethel in 1988 when I was in my mid teens and Mr. Coffee was there. Yelled at my friend and I because we wore makeup. It was fun!

I did hear that Mr. Coffee was hit by one of the Bethel trucks. Then they called him Mr. Coffee Grounds. (no lie)

As I understand it, his wife was a sister and he was obviously adamantly opposed.

DS

• factfinder
    factfinder

Mr. Coffee was hit by a Bethel truck? That is ironic-and funny! Yes- I can imagine them referring to him as Mr. coffee grounds! I'm sure some said he got ground!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit