Dubs bad examples here, not just us

by gumby 4 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby

Many times we here of ones telling us apostates to watch how we speak so as not to run off lurkers.

After reading of nytlecoms "Dickhead" thread it reminded me of how many professing witnesess here act no better.
    Do they set bad examples for there own kind?
    Do other dubs get stumbled over these 'witnesess"???????

• gumby
    gumby

Well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Speak up!

• Seeker
    Seeker

They should get stumbled, but think about the type of JW that would come here, NYT included. The Society has specifically and in print said to avoid places just like this. Any JW who comes here is therefore being rebellious to begin with. Note how NYT never lets his elders see what he is doing when he associates with apostates here. He has to hide his rebelliousness in order to fit in. But any rebellious JW is not going to be that shocked by NYT's un-Christian behavior. They themselves are acting wrong, and they know it.

• quekjanice
    quekjanice

I am not a witness but I had studied with a sister in Australia where I pursue my bachelor. I am impressed. My husband here is a believer too. Both his mother and step father are witnesses and no, they are not the one whom influenced his believes. On the contrary, their hypocitical attitudes kept him from going any furher into the belief. I myself had experienced first hand what they did. I am disgusted. I am taught to be humble, both by my asian parents and through study sessions. They are anything but. When you try to point an error, they denied it and insist that what they did is right. They ARE always right.

They bring JW a bad name. I'm sadden by how sweet they act in the hall and how evil they are at home! I am trying to keep my eyes open and to continue my studies...it's a struggle. I thought I needed some advise.

• gumby
    gumby

Seeker: He has to hide his rebelliousness in order to fit in.

Being on the internet and fellowshipping with apostates is a disfellowshipping offence, the same as fornication, or smoking....worse actually.

Witnesess can carry on in sin in this way and still judge others......amazing!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit