Pyramidology after 1919?

by drewcoul 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

Is there any WT publications that endorse pyramidology after 1919 when Christ chose the WTB&TS as his congregation?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Yes. William Van Amburgh wrote a lengthy thesis on this in the Golden Age a few years before Rutherford dropped the teaching.

http://www.lulu.com/product/item/a-bible-for-the-scientist/6256473

• Mary
    Mary

Here's one quote that shows they were teaching it after they had uh, abandoned false doctrines in 1918 (or was it 1919?):

"...In the passages of the Great Pyramid of Gizeh the agreement of one or two measurements with the present-truth chronology might seem accidental, but the correspondency of dozens of measurements proves that the same God designed both pyramid and plan..."----Watchtower 1922 June 15 p.187

• designs
    designs

Mary- Good thing they were bringing modern science to the Study of the Great Pyramid otherwise they might have gotten things screwy...

• Mary
    Mary

Yes designs, good thing. And we can thank the good lord above for showing Russell & Co. the lite so that their words would never come back to embarass them or bite them in the ass.

• Ding
    Ding

How can any JW see this and still believe in the WTBTS?

Yeah, I know: Babylonian captivity. New light. Jehovah straightening out his organization....

• GrandmaJones
  • wobble
    wobble

They were still publishing and using the "Studies in the Scriptures" during the 1920's I believe, certainly they held to all the totally goofy stuff therein when they were supposedly chosen by Jesus as the FDS in 1918/9.

Pyramidology and the other looney stuff in Russell's ramblings was the "food at the proper time" that they were dispensing !!!!

Makes a lot of sense that Jesus would choose them ?????

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

WT, May 15, 1925, Page 148

7 The priests of Israel were designated as angels or
    messengers of the Lord, at whose lips the people should
    hear and learn the law. (Malachi 2:7) The great Pyramid
    of Egypt, standing as a silent and inanimate witness
    of the Lord, is a messenger ; and its testimony speaks
    with great eloquence concerning the divine plan. (Isaiah
    19:19,??) John the Baptist was a messenger of the
    Lord, therefore an angel sent to perform certain duties.

April 15, 1928, Page 125 might be the last positive statement about the pyramid in a WT before they trash it in Nov 15, 1928

I didn't know that John the Baptist was an angel

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney
    Yes. William Van Amburgh wrote a lengthy thesis on this in the Golden Age a few years before Rutherford dropped the teaching.

http://www.lulu.com/product/item/a-bible-for-the-scientist/6256473

FYI: I purchased the e-book, but you can't print it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit