Have been away a while

by robinhoodxldr 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• robinhoodxldr
    robinhoodxldr

Robinhoodxldr noticed its been 8 years since I first posted and only 6 posts. I'll be 53 next year and along with my slightly younger wife lady Marion we have both been busy making a living trying to save up for our retirement in this down economy. Sometimes I find myself wishing we had all the money we spent on dress clothes and gas money attending meetings over all the years. And also all the kingdom hall quickbuilds and the assembly trucking dept. And committe meetings which I absolutly hated. Crooklyn told us all back as far as in the May 22, 1969 Awake that said youths '' you better face this fact.. you will never finish a carreer in this system... you dont need college.... cause you will never grow old or die .... the end is a few short years away.'' 41 PLUS YEARS AGO. What saddens me is that my 77 year old elder father still has to go to work every day because he believed all thier dribble, you see he pionereed back in the 60's while he had 3 young sons and worked construction. And since he was in construction and knew how to construct new homes he has been quiet an assett to use in the quick builds projects. A little history now or a reality check, he had a good job at a aircraft manufacture as an aircraft mechanic but alas the friends helped him to see that they made or supplied things that were used for warfare. He could be retired now with a nice governmemt paycheck. Both my brothers are still in crooklyns army as elders, because it makes them feel good man, I WAS TOLD. One of them is in a third world country along with his wife serving as missionaries, as I guess that my family has always felt they were trained to serve where the need was greater. But hats off to our baby sister who married in her 30's a divorced brother who is 10 years older than herself and is perfectly happy just being a braindead meeting attender, never as a servant. Perhaps one day he will take it to the next level and that being out vss. in as he is a very sharp cookie. Crooklyn elders do monitor this site so as to catch and disfellowship/destroy as what they label appostates or any one who questions what they instruct you to believe as GODS TRUTH. I would be a third generation wittless if not for all the experiences that helped us to grow up mentaly. And our daughter would be fourth and grandaughter would be fifth generation if they were still in the cult. I am getting older and want to spare others from wasting thier lives as I left at age 39, was an elder for 7 yrs, and a ministerial servant for 7 yrs also, wife was a pioneer. I hope to posts serveral short stories of our experiences to help others to see that THE WATCHTOWER BIBLE AND TRACT SOCIETY is nothing more than a controling religious printing company directed by mere imperfect men who claim to be authorized by god.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Don't worry my friend, more and more people are waking up these days. The Watchtower will be gone in the next few generations and they wont be able to hurt anyone anymore.

The information revolution will eventually overtake them.

-Sab

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

I hope they will be gone in a few generations. And rob, it's never too late to save and start. I am kinda starting over. I am just starting college at 36.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

A few generations is equivalent to at least 420 years in Watchtower generations.

• RosePetal
    RosePetal

Hi Robin welcome to the board thank you for sharing your story, I really look forward to your posts of stories and experiences.

RosePetal

• Gayle
    Gayle

I am so glad you have been able to move on away from the WTS. Especially for your daughter and her child. It is very sad for your father and your siblings and how 'stuck' they are. It is deplorable how the GB now criticizes any elderly that dare express regrets for not having a plan B for their older years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit