Passing of witnesses I knew...

by Snoozy 3 Replies latest jw experiences

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I was on facebook doing some reading in my inbox and found a comment from someone in the area I grew up in on a facebook site I belong to.
    The facebook site is one that is pertaining to the area I grew up in.Turns out he is a relative of two witnesses I went to the hall with. They were my hubby's age and the husband and my hubby were friends when they were teens.

They were what I call mean witnesses..never smiled and had a daughter that used to bite all the other little babies and kids in the hall....I don't mean they were bad people just stern. They were good at heart but just didn't seem happy.

Well he told me his uncle (the JW) had passed away a few years ago and his wife (JW) shortly after..they would have been in their early 60's.

I just texted him and asked him if they were still witnesses . I haven't heard a reply yet.

The daughter is grown and married ..I wonder if her children bite...

To be continued..

Snoozy

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Sad, isn't it? A life time of "hope deferred".

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I see it as a waste of life..really sad!

Snoozy

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I knew some witnesses like that. Serious and rarely smiled. They weren't bad or nasty, just serious and never seemed to smile.

So guess what? The kids when they were little never seemed to smile either. Just seemed..... unnatural.

The kids have grown up now and at least seems to have left the Witnesses. I hope they eventually learnt to smile.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit