Friday feel-good story: Homeless Man Finds and Returns $3300

by Meeting Junkie No More 2 Replies latest social current

• Meeting Junkie No More
  • Snoozy
    Snoozy

I read that and it gave me a good thing feelings.

Then I read about the two cops that falsly arrested an ex girlfriend of the cops son and lied about the location so it would look like she was in city limits and then after she was released the son beat her up because she wouldn't lie about what happened and drop the lawsuit. They were not suspended upon investigation they were merely put on administrative work..another questionable move.

Then I got a bad thing feeling..

I think we should have two newcasts, one for the good news and one for the bad news..that way we can pick which we want to hear that day..

Snoozy

• nelly136
    nelly136

thats lovely, and nice the man whose bag he found gave hime something and is now volunteering with homeless,

this homeless guy helped someone too, just a shame someone helped themselves while he was helping someone else

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-11801147

A homeless man who jumped into the Thames in central London to save a drowning woman had his clothes stolen while he was in the river.

Adan Abobaker, 37, heard the woman crying out as he walked close to Blackfriars Bridge.

He managed to reach her and held her until a lifeboat arrived to ensure they both received medical treatment.

But his hat, gloves and flask had been taken from the riverbank, as well as a jumper which had sentimental value.

Martin Garside, from the Port of London Authority, said Mr Abobaker was "extremely brave and selfless" when he acted on Tuesday at about 2230 GMT.

"The River Thames at any time of year is harsh and unforgiving, and this was also in darkness," Mr Garside said.

"Thanks to his efforts, and the skill and professionalism of the nearby safety boat, tragedy was averted."

"My jumper was a present from my brother - it was the first ever present he gave me, so it was quite sentimental," he said.

"I just hope they went to a homeless person, and I hope they keep them warm."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit