It's a Child Molestor Paradise

by Cthulhu 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Cthulhu
    Cthulhu

In chapter 7 of the new elder book, page 98, a subpoint of paragraph 20, dealing with the matter of reproof, it is written "The judicial committee may have specific reasons to believe that the congregation needs to be on guard concerning the repentant wrongdoer. Perhaps he ignored previous counsel several times concerning steps leading to the same wrongdoing. For example, in a case involving wrongdoing that could be viewed as child sexual abuse, announcing the reproof of a repentant wrongdoer will serve as a protection for the congregation."

Well what the hell "could be viewed" as child sexual abuse...unless of course it is sexual abuse of a child??? Don't these people have any brains? Damned symantical acrobatics..

• poppers
    poppers

When someone gets reproofed is the specific reason given publicly?

• Cthulhu
    Cthulhu

No. When reproof is given there may be a talk given at some later time as to the sin involved without actually naming the individuals involved.

• poppers
    poppers

So people are supposed to make speculations about people in their midst based on one of these talks?

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

"Announcing the reproof of a repentant wrongdoer"indicates they tell the congregation who it is..at least in my mind..

how else would they be "Protected"?

Snoozy

Wonders how many times they are allowed to be "Repentent"

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

An announcement that someone has been reproved is not adequate protection. First, it is only made once. Suppose someone misses that boasting session, or goes into the cancer after the announcement, or it was 20 years ago and everyone forgot about it. And, then there are so many other reasons for reproof.

What's to differentiate someone reproved for molesting a child from someone reproved for regular fornication? Or, the one that got reproved for smoking a cigar? Or drunkenness? Or, who questioned an article from the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger? Or got involved in gambling? Or that got busted for saying "You, too" to a "Merry Christmas" greeting or attended a Christmas party? Do children need to be protected against someone that simply went to a Christmas party? I don't like that they reduce molesting children, usually using fear, shame, and guilt to do so, to the same level as questioning a blatant inconsistency from the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger or getting busted for humming a Christmas song.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

If they know enough to have a "specific reason" to warn the congregation, they know enough that they are obliged to report it!

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Just wanted ot point out something I read a while back..did you know that most child molesters always find a way to live around elementary schools?

The officials are usually surprised when they find out.

The abuser give fake address on their probation reports (say they live with parents/friend) and don't. It isn't usually caught unless an incident happens.

Today, there is no way I would let my child join a Boy or girl scout troop that had a male leader...

Thank goodness actual" child Molseter paradises " are being found out and stopped..In the Catholic religion, Mormons, JW's , Foster care, etc.

Snoozy

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

Women Arrested for Indecent Behavior With Kids
    Accused Female Pedophiles, Molesters and Sex Offenders

A photo gallery of female teachers, mothers and caregivers who were in a position of trust yet ended up facing a judge for charges ranging from inappropriate behavior to molestation and rape of young kids and teens. (178 of them)

http://crime.about.com/od/sex/ig/female_pedophiles/

It's not always men.

• freddo
    freddo

Snoozy - that bit about "male scoutleader" is too extreme a stance for me. As mythbuster says we've had nursery school cases in the UK where women assistants have been involved in molestation or in letting partners molest without intervening.

Each case should be looked at thoroughly on its own merit and your child should be "armed beforehand" with what to do if they feel uncomfortable and how to loudly resist and report any inappropriate behaviour by anyone - schoolteacher, classmate, scoutleader, elder, stepsibling, parent etc etc.

Just because there are 1 in 100 or 1 in 1000 pedo's out there I don't want my kids being initially suspicious of everyone they meet.

Streetwise is what we want - not streetshy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit