What do you do when a Witness friend says something epicly hypocritical?

by sabastious 4 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious

I was talking to my mother-in-law (an avid JW). The subject of evolution came up briefly and she said that Evolution was just a bunch of propaganda.

I mean refering to evolution articles as propaganda? The Watchtower's evolution refutations are NOTHING BUT blatent propaganda!

I just overlooked it. I didn't want to hurt her feelings. (she knows about my decent).

-Sab

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Its difficult to even respond to that stuff, because depending on what you say it alerts them to something being wrong. I'll be honest man, often enough I just nod my head when a fellow JW states something outrageously hypoctrical or just downright stupid. The first example I can think of is, "only Jehovah's people" when used in the positive sense. Its laughable because the same people who say stuff like that positively, will be the first people complaining about what Brother Such-N-So said or did that offended them. Or from the platform, when we go over those retarded and phony Yearbook parts in an effort to encourage the ministry locally, the speaker, the commentors all speak so positively of the ministry, meanwhile they all hate the ministry.

There's too many examples of verbal hypocrisy to name, but one has to be real careful exposing his/her hand. So like I said, I just nod my head and smile. You ever see the very end of Invasion of the Body Snatchers when Donald Sutherland at the end alerts the other aliens to a human woman? Thats what its like if you call out or question a fellow JW on their hypocritical thoughts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prT1E_S__jM&feature=related

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

Hypocrisy is not a JW only disease. It's found everywhere!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

When a JW says something hypocritical around me I make sure I call them on it.

They need to have their face rubbed in it because the religion is so hypocritical it is at a crisis point and cannot be ignored.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

If all JWs stopped saying hypocritical things most would probably never speak again.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit