Why does the organization respect some cultures and not others specifically American?

by meangirl 1 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• meangirl
    meangirl

Okay, I am trying to wrap my head around this and it just does not make any sense. I could not think of one "American" tradition/culture that is "allowed" by the society. Heck even football is frowned on. So then I started thinking about traditions/cultures of other countries and how the society tiptoes around that. For example, female circumcision is a tradition in some countries and I remember there was an Awake article on that. It said something like how no loving parent would want their daughter to go through that but it never stated if that parent would be disfellowshipped....I truly have a difficult time seeing how partaking in some customs in American like Mother's Day could be worse than doing that to your daughter......Yet there is a RULE on Mother's day and a PRINCIPLE on female circumcision. Ok then we have the pinata that is a Mexican tradition and a few years back there was an article stating that the pinata is a conscious matter because it is not viewed as it once was?......There are alot of American holidays/traditions that are not viewed as they once were but still no freedom. Why the hard stance on American culture and celebration but yet so lientient in other countries....has anybody else ever noticed this?

• Slayerbard
    Slayerbard

Oh I noticed too. They just want to control, and keep you contained living in a sheltered box, doing their bidding. Holiday's lead to association, which leads to learning it's all a big lie. Which leads to leaving. Hence why they are shunned.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit