Does anyone else find reinstated dubs can be the most hypocritical?

by William Penwell 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I have seen this over the years that some that get DF'd and later reinstated can be the most hypocritical. One case comes to find about my nephew who was DF'd about 10 years ago for cupping a little feel of some dub sisters boobs. Well right away he turns to us non dubs for moral support as he is being ostracized by the dub relatives. Well he was trying to get reinstated he would party, drink and carouse like the rest of the wicked "worldly" friends. As soon as he was reinstated it is like we now don't exist, which I knew he would happen but only if he wants a favor from one of us then we are OK. Well just recently there was an issue in our family that he found offense to something posted by an ex dub relative on their facebook page and is doing like any good brain dead dub and is shunning that person. I think I am just venting here but also would like to open up the discussion and feedback as to what others experiences on here with reinstated dubs?

I am at the point now as I have kept my mouth shut over the years on certain Jdub matters out of respect for my elderly parents. Now they are both gone I am finding it more and more difficult to just keep my mouth shut as I do not care what the rest of the brain dead relatives have to think.

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman
    So of the most self righteous jw's I ever knew, had been dfed one or more times. One of the very worst had been sleeping with three married sister for years, was dfed 10 years. He is loard self righteous, Pomp's wind bag #1!
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yup!

I know several that fit that description.

They seem to feel that they have the right to be self righteous BECAUSE of their "sinfulness"

Sort of like "well, I can speak openly BECAUSE I know how easy it is to slip...etc"

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    I knew about a local elder about 30 years ago that was high up in the ranks. He was on the blood committee and gave talks at the DC. He was DF'ed for have sex with a sister who's husband was dying of cancer and being on the blood committee he counseled her or did more than counseling. Well that was a big deal and he was DF'd but was back in the organization in a few years and before long they gave him back all the privileges. Seems to me a dual standard as if it was a regular R&F member DF'ed, it would take them years to get back all their privileges.
  • EdenOne
    EdenOne

It's all about WHO you know in the Org ...

Eden

• sir82
    sir82

Hoo-boy!

The most hard-nosed, self-righteous, suspicious-of-everyone, paranoid JWs are the ones who "got into trouble" years ago.

If such ones eventually rise to become elders, look out. Their default thinking is that everyone else would be as "wicked" as they were when they themselves were young, and lack only a fraction of a hint of an opportunity to become a full-fledged orgy-loving, drug-addled, Satan-worshipping fiend.

• Simon
    Simon

It's like people over-compensate to distract from their own flaws.

Reminds me of the East German Stasi ... no one knows who is and isn't going to turn people in so everyone is keen to turn everyone else in first to avoid themselves being a suspect and to prove their loyalty.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Simon too right .

I do remember how newly reinstated ones acted, showing their spiritual strength.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

The most hard-nosed, self-righteous, suspicious-of-everyone, paranoid JWs are the ones who "got into trouble" years ago.

When I was a teen the ones that would be the biggest partyers, drink and carry on, Sunday morning were holier than thou. Those same ones became elders later on in life. When or if I ever see them they make me want to puke.

• yodastar
    yodastar

Yep it is so true. Kind of like ex-smokers. Judgement of others is a strong theme in the borg. My younger brother was 15,got himself df'd even though they did not want to do it because of the absolute brainnumbing he felt he needed the punishment!! Had a great old time in the 'world' while out.

Got married, then reinstated himself. got his wife baptized and is now an holier than thou elder who rules his roost and children. I feel really sad for anyone he counsels BECUSE he knows what it is like. Jokes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit