I Just Got Witnessed To At The Grocery Store!

by teenyuck 2 Replies latest jw friends

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

What was scarier was it was not a JW! It was some nutty woman who has been hanging around the local stores.

I go to Kroger grocery story every few days. Lately, I have seen a woman, dressed very similar to a nun, talking to people about God, in the aisles. I figured she was a nun. Seemed strange for a nun, but what do I know?

Well, I have avoided her. Until today.

Today, I go to CVS pharmacy to pick up my meds and as I am waiting for the pharmacist, a woman walks up. She looks oddly like the nun lady at Kroger. Very "modest" skirt on, high top shirt and white collar. Her hair is like Princess Laia...the Cinnabons on two sides of her head. She even carries a book bag.

As I wait, she starts speaking to me..."That cream is nice." (I was smelling some hand cream on the counter.)

I just look at her. Then WHAM..."I go to a very nice church...You might enjoy it."

"Huh, are you talking to me?" as I look around in confusion...there is one man waiting behind me and he is backing away

"Yes, I go to a lovely gospel church in Westerville, Ohio...you would like it." She said

"Really? I am an Atheist."

She had a dreamy smile on her face...it faded.

"Well, many people think all christian religions are the same-we are different."

"Do you believe in the bible?" I ask

"Yes."

"Then you are all the same...same God, same stories...can't change that now can you?"

"Oh, perhaps you are not interested?"

"NO" I said, "I do not believe in God or the bible."

"Oh, well, we are up in Westerville if you change your mind...enjoy your hand cream."

The man behind me came back and started laughing. He said the Atheist line was good...he would remember that next time some JW's came to his door!

What an experience...I had to go buy some wine....I am now sipping a nice glass of cabernet. I feel better already!

• terafera
    terafera

LOL nice comeback!!! I wouldve given anything to witness that (pun intended)

Good job! There are Bible bouncers in every faith...

• Quotes
    Quotes

Excellent response! I'm surprised that it got rid of her so fast though.

A few summers back I was rollerblading in the park, when some (non-JW) bible thumpers came up to me with this same spiel about their very nice church.

I told them I'm Atheist, thinking they would leave me alone. Boy, was I wrong. Instead they spent the next 30-40 minutes trying to convince me how "weak" the "theory" of evolution is. Too bad they didn't know that I knew exactly what they were going to say before they said it, since I used to say the same things to people back when I was in the bOrg.

===========================
    For interesting Watchtower Society literature quotes, complete with references but without any editorial, check out:
    http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit