Quote where the WT said leave the research to us?

by notsurewheretogo 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Has anyone got the quote from the societies publication where they advise to leave the research to them?

I know in the September 2007 KM they warned about independent study groups but I'm sure there was a quote from the 50's or 60's where they told the rank publisher to leave the research to the GB?

• Splash
    Splash
    This? *** w67 6/1 p. 338 par. 12 Move Ahead with Jehovah’s Organization ***
    in Jehovah’s organization it is not necessary to spend a lot of time and energy in research, for there are brothers in the organization who are assigned to do that very thing, to help you who do not have so much time for this
  • notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    That's the one Splash...many thanks!
  • stillin
    stillin

Back in the 70's and early 80's the WTS had a bibliography page at the back of every issue of Awake. I appreciated that and sometimes headed out to the library to find additional info on something that interested me. I also viewed it as what is nowadays called "transparency." A gauge to determine honesty.

I guess I researched the wrong things or I would have seen the cherry-picking for quotes that they have always done.

• blondie
    blondie

Witnesses are told to put aside personal opinion regarding Scriptures, but rather have complete confidence in the leaders, as even Jehovah trusts them.

“[A mature Christian] does not advocate or insist on personal opinions or harbor private ideas when it comes to Bible understanding. Rather, he has complete confidence in the truth as it is revealed by Jehovah God through his Son, Jesus Christ, and "the faithful and discreet slave.” Watchtower 2001 Aug 1 p.14
    “Since Jehovah God and Jesus Christ completely trust the faithful and discreet slave, should we not do the same?” Watchtower 2009 Feb 15 p.27
    “We are determined to be loyal to Jehovah and to his organization. This organization has never disappointed us and always gives us an abundance of pure waters of truth from God’s Word.” Watchtower 2011 Jul 15 p.12 Simplified Edition External research is not recommended, as the Watchtower supplies all the information required.
    “In Jehovah's organization it is not necessary to spend a lot of time and energy in research, for there are brothers in the organization who are assigned to that very thing, …” Watchtower 1967 Jun 1 p.338

“Thus “the Faithful and discreet slave” does not endorse any literature, meetings or websites that are not produced or organized under its oversight. … For those that wish to do extra Bible study and research, we recommend that they explore Insight on the Scriptures…” Kingdom Ministry Sep 2007

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"This organization has never disappointed us."

Really? This is the main reason we left, DISAPPOINTMENT. That's the only thing this cult is good at. Then we learned TTATT and now we are free!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    The arrogance of those quotes is infuriating!
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

To Blondie :

I was drawn to your quote from the Simplified Wt 2011 15/7 and want to see it in their website . I could not find the final sentence that said "External Research is not recommended" since that was very blunt.

I found the earlier part that said :

8) No matter what false teachers say, we will not follow them! We have no reason to listen to people who are like wells with no water. Those who listen to them will be disappointed. We are determined to be loyal to Jehovah and to his organization. This organization has never disappointed us and always gives us an abundance of pure waters of truth from God’s Word.—Isaiah 55:1-3; Matthew 24:45-47.
    DO NOT “PAY ATTENTION TO FALSE STORIES” [ A New Sub heading]

Can you shed any light on the missing part?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit