marinade for Vegetable Kabobs

by asilentone 6 Replies latest jw friends

• asilentone
    asilentone

I am looking for marinade for vegetable kabobs. There are alots of suggestions on the internet, but I cannot decide which one I want yet. It would be my first time to marinade the vegetable kabobs before I grill them. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

• mamalove
    mamalove

Veggies like peppers and onions won't really absorb anything. Mushroom's will. Zucchini might absorb some. I would make sure you have a nice thick marinade so it coats the veggies. Olive Oil, Garlic, Soy, Lemon Juice, Oregano splash of dijon or brown spicy mustard will emulsify the marinade and keep it from separating.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Thank you for posting on my thread! Good suggestions!

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Since you diss'd on bad spelling the other day, I suppose you might like to be informed that they're spelt "kababs".

You're welcome.

• milola
    milola

I use olive oil, tarragon, salt, pepper, and garlic. Lots of tarragon and garlic. Yummy.

• shepherd
    shepherd

Interesting...this is the first time I have noticed this particular spelling of kebab, but after reading http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kebab I see it is the spelling from Pakistan and Afghanistan.

If you use the normal spelling of kebab when you search online I expect there are many more recipes available, though since the word always means a meat dish, a vegetable kebab is really something else.

• Room 215
    Room 215

olive oil, some Tabasco Chipotle sauce, a little white vinegar, some finely chopped fresh rosemary and garlic.. that's all, folks. Moreover, as in a salad, it's not really necessary to marinate the kebabs, just brush them liberally once they come off the BBQ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit