New kid on the block

by fadinfast 8 Replies latest jw friends

• fadinfast
    fadinfast

New to writing yes, to reading no, been reading here for 18 months or so
    [ been trying to join for a while now, but kept getting an error message, until I read in the tech section, throw out your cookies, so I did, my wife brought me a cup of tea and cake, and here I am, even us "bushies" know what cookies are, round pastry things, cooked to golden brown... anyway] I don't know how many have read the writing "It Hurts" at Doc Browns http://www.docbob.org/wordpress/?p=822 I am sure many can connect to one/some of the things written at one time or other, I certainly could. But "if Laughter be the best medicine" as someone I cant remember once said, then I would like to put you people on notice, "You will all be facing a JC hearing soon" as you have had me pissing myself laughing, from the time I've been reading here, and as you all should know, Laughter is a NoNo" not ever mentioned in KM agenda "So your all BAD" and I am Thanking You for being so.
    Both my wife and myself are out, though funnily enough not for entirely the same reasons, hers is emotional, and although I relate to, and come from one particular incident, mine is from being ‘lead Astray' by you guys, no from being helped to see the lying, cheating, double standards "The Big Picture" of an org. whose arse I'd like to kick from one side of Aus to the other. Cant tell my wife much of what I learn [a bit to fragile at present to want to take much in] just milk, cant get to the meat yet. But something that may help some in a similar situation, I retold some of the "down memory lane" stories told here by exbethelites, particularly the one about the night security guard emptying "his gun" into the rolls of paper [not all negative].
    Have I ever been a elder, nope, a ms, nope, a pioneer, [ I thought about it at one point, I was out in the fs. with an elder who was recognised as being the "dux of the class" when it came to "watchtower reading". We where sitting 3 of us on the back seat of a car, him in the middle, so I turned to him and said "I know Jesus spent a lot of time in his ministry, but he knew he only had 3.5 years to do it" so can you show me in the bible where they get the hours for pioneers, aux p. missionaries, he looked at me for a few seconds and then deliberately turned and started talking to the bro on the other side. I thought that was ignorant for sometime, until I came to understand it was embarrassment, he had no answer offcourse, this was a genuine question at this point, although I knew it would be hard to answer, so nope never pioneered.
    Enough of me yabbering on, will close with this thought/question. Had a visit from a ms/elder [not sure, but elder 98% sure] and a ms, the elder is a pretty staunch, every thing they write is Correct, had some lively discussions/debates including "75", he was there, aged aprox 25, and they Did not say, you know the rest, but when I mentioned "74"km [selling homes etc] that threw him, hed missed that one some how.
    I asked him to explain the "new" generation teaching to me[as if I didn't know already,lol] and he proceeded to with much enthusiasm and, sad to say, ignorance for an intelligent man, I asked him why ,if writing under guidance from "Gods active force" was the "anointed" used from 1927 till 1951, two other, what now have to appear as stabs in the dark, until changing it back to the "anointed" in 07,no answer [well a mumbled something] to that. Then we got onto blood, I quoted some things from ISOCF ch. 10, and AJWBR and ended saying I would have no hesitation in storing my own blood. He answered that he doubted wether anyone would get dissfellowshiped for a transfusion anymore. My question,is he just "tickling my ears" or is that becoming a common thought now.
    Seeya FF [thought of calling myself Fugb, which describes how I feel at present, but thought it might be a bit objectionable]

• penny2
    penny2

Hi fadinfast, welcome from Adelaide. Presume you're in the outback of Oz somewhere. Hope you and your wife get on the same page soon, it's nice when you can discuss everything openly and move on with your life.

penny

• tec
    tec

Welcome, Fadinfast. You sound like you hold your own very well. I personally don't know if he was tickling your eyes or believing that what he told you was becoming common thought. Sounds to me like he just might not have wanted to talk about any of this with you anymore, lol. Too much to handle all at once :)

Tammy

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

Hi and welcome Fadinfast. Great to have another Aussie on board.

Hopscotch (QLD)

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

welcome

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome fadinfast...Hope we can welcome the Missus soon
    Great to have you aboard I am a Limey in Canada ,
    Granny on board. Keep us tuned in to how it is going (((HUG))

Mouthy!.Funnyface! Undeserved kindness! to the Wt> GRACE Gough

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Welcome Fadinfast

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

Welcome Fadinfast

So good to see another Aussie leave the WT Cult!

Loved the question you asked the elder about 'where (from the bible) do they get the hours for pioneers .. etc'

I too was never an elder, ms or a pioneer... it never made sense to me, I didn't see any of those things as privileges, more like slave labour.

3Mozzies (Melb)

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit