Did you blab the personal information about your Bible Student's to others?

by Wasanelder Once 3 Replies latest jw experiences

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Some witnesses seem to revel in the suffering of others. They have a bible study and they tell EVERYONE in the congregation all their personal confidences ie: how many times divorced, whether they are using drugs, how many kids they have and who the fathers are and if they are on welfare etc. Did you do that? Man, I tried hard not to. I was pioneering for 9 years and it happened now and then when I needed advice on how to handle certain things, you know ...lice in the family I was calling on etc. It really pisses me off when I see a JW and they start dishing the dirt on their "studies". I don't know why they talk about that with me anyway.

• Scully
    Scully

I never had any Bible Students to gossip about.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

It is sad but true that this seems to be the rule rather than the exception amongst the JWs.

- it certainly was the case in most of the congregations that I was with.

What the congregation did not know about your "studies" they did their damnest to prise out of you!

Bill.

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

Yep, this is a HUGE problem. I did it plenty of times. However, towards the end of my pioneer career I realized how disrespectful that was and tried not to do it. But plenty of JWs still do it.

-MF31-

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit