A chance at the big prize - just because they ate too much!

by THE GLADIATOR 8 Replies latest jw friends

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

This JW teaching that those who die at Armageddon will not be resurrected but those who die before Armageddon will be resurrected, always seemed unfair to me.

Many have given up waiting for God to get his finger out and cleanse the earth of sinners like me. They have concluded that the awe inspiring day of Jehovah - Armageddon no less - is a hoax. Dreamed up by John, high on something hallucinogenic and presented as a divine revelation. For this they are deemed to be without faith in God and therefore unrighteous. The penalty apparently, is to be executed at Armageddon.

Were anyone privileged to receive a resurrection into a transformed word, they would also be able to see that Armageddon had occurred. Reunited with their loved ones, they would have no need for faith. The evidence of their own eyes would irrefutable. Faith with hindsight, after seeing the fulfillment of prophecy, is not faith at all.

They would also have the added advantage that my buddy the Devil and his demons would be banged up for 1000 years in a special prison called Abyss. Jesus would have replace all politicians, stopped all wars, and JWs would be the ruling class.

How can this Johnny come lately class be worthy of a chance at the big prize - just because they ate too much and died before Armageddon? Caesar will never allow this!

• designs
    designs

Blame the Republicans

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

I used to think the same thing. Die one minute before the Big A starts and hey presto! you wake up in the future. If it happened to me I would definitely believe, no problem, no doubt. I'll sign up for the 1000 years. And beyond.

However, die one minute after the start of the Big A and I'm sorry but you're buggered. You had your fair chance. The evidence was irrefutable and beyond doubt and you rejected my people. Now eff off.

Are there any interesting quotes to back up this or am I imagining it.

• designs
    designs

Thomas, that's essentially the JW view, to die at Armageddon is the second death. Be sure and plan your own death carefully, timing is everything

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

ThomasCovenant
    The evidence was irrefutable and beyond doubt and you rejected my people.

Unforgivable by any standard!

What happens to those faithful but faint hearted people who can't cope with seeing so many millions of people being slaughtered by angels, and die of shock during Armageddon?

Dropping dead like that could be seen as disapproval of the methods used by this loving God. Why resurrect these wimps, when they have shown by their action that they cannot stand the heat in the kitchen.

Best let the birds of the field eat their fleshy parts and only allow gladiators into the new world.

• tec
    tec

This was the one that made me stop in my tracks. Funny thing is, I had the info in front of me for more than a year, I had just read it wrong. Thinking that EVERYONE got resurrected, even those who died at Armageddon.

Tammy

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR
    Thinking that EVERYONE got resurrected, even those who died at Armageddon.

The kingdom's not that big Tammy.

Anyway what's the point of chopping up all those people, then all the king's horses and all the king's men trying to put them together again.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

It does all seem to be a bit unfair doesn't it? According to the WT, all of us on this board unfortunately were born at the wrong time. Had we born at any other time in history prior to the 1900s, we wouldn't have had to go out in field service, attend and comment at meetings, support the various arrangements, etc., and God would have been ok with that. Just do what's right, and have a complete heart towards God. However, since we were born in recent years, we have the unfortunate obligation to support the faithful and discreet slave class as Jehovah's chosen representatives amidst Satan's world of darkness. If all this is true, the people fortunate enough to have been born under previous faithful and discreet slave classes, did they get browbeat to support their local slave class too or face eternal destruction at Armageddon?

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

miseryloveselders - Didn't want you to think you were a thread killer. This thread died all on its own. Unless - God killed it! Perhaps he's got it in for me.

God staking his whole career on one day of vengeance does seem rather reckless. If he were clever like the Devil he would be cunning. Any good restaurant will let you taste a wine before you commit to it. How about a little taste of Armageddon. Blow the top of the odd Mosque or two. A warning to show us that he really exists and can throw a mean thunderbolt or two.

At the moment God is basically unemployed. So it would be a good example to us if he got off his throne reminded us who is boss. Then we would know he is powerful and fear inspiring and that he means business. All those deaths and needless resurrections could be avoided.

We could fall into line and return to the nearest kingdom hall. Sing songs of praise to him from the new song book provided by the faithful and discreet slave class.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit