To myelaine (and Jerry)

by Inkie 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Inkie
    Inkie

inkie keep shining on with the spirit of your lord...
    ...very helpful.

myelaine: (Regarding one of your posts elsewhere. . . .)

Just as a helpful FYI, my moniker here is spelled with an initial majuscule, not a miniscule. Get it right. (Incidentally, you might try using some correct punctuation when you write.) As for your directive to me to “keep shining on,” you know not whereof you speak. You might think that what I wrote was a pejorative descriptive term, on my part. I promise you, it was not. It would behoove you to get YOUR facts straight.

Oh, Jerry! Oooohhhh, Jeeerrryyy! Jerry! Come out! Come out! Where ever you are. Admit to it again, Jerry. Lay claim to it. Tell myelaine who you are. Tell myelaine how you describe yourself. Identify yourself to myelaine and everyone else here too. Or would you prefer that I do it for you? Which would show you up to be a coward now, wouldn’t it, Jerry? Nah . . . never mind.

myelaine: As for the ‘spirit of [my] lord,’ which you say is ‘very helpful.’ In truth? It/He is. My Lord is recorded to have said: ‘By your [own] words you will be declared righteous and by your [own] words you will be condemned.’ (Bracketed words mine.) What, pray tell, makes you think that what I wrote were ‘my words’ when addressing Jerry? The words I wrote, myelaine, were simply words that may or may not come back upon the man who first wrote them to bite him in the derriere. C’est bon!

While I, personally, do not like to be the recipient of sarcasm, I also do not like to dish it out. There are times, however, when sarcasm is quite apropos. But it’s usually not when done by humans, as we cannot control it very well. My Lord, on occasion, is recorded to have made some sarcastic remarks. And certainly his Father, Jah, did. All one need do is read the book of Job to know that. You have read the book of Job, yes? Consider how Jah spoke to Job. But I wasn’t being sarcastic, myelaine. Not in the least. I was being accurate. Something people here do not necessarily like; maybe even you.

--Inkie

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Inkie...

ummm...I was thinking of AGuest and how your choice of words and the intent behind them might reflect poorly on the lord who's name you AND AGuest give allegence to...that's all...

(please read 2 peter 1:1-11 and see what kind of characteristics do develop in those who are in Jesus Christ)

Simon Peter, a bondservant and apostle of Jesus Christ,

To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ:

2 Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, 3 as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, 4 by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Fruitful Growth in the Faith

5 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, 7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. 8 For if these things are yours and abound, youwill be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins.
    10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble; 11 for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

I know its not about what you and AGuest act like its about getting a message across to people...matthew 5:16

love michelle

• Inkie
    Inkie

myelaine/michelle: Your comments and biblical texts are duly noted. Thank you for the reminder. May Jah bless and the Christ shine upon you.

--Inkie

• check
    check

Hi inkie,

I hope you dont mind me posting on your thread, there was something you said that sorta caught my eye. You said that your lord (I am assuming you mean God) made some sarcastic remarks. From reading your post, your vocabulary seems quite extensive and it seems that there are people on this board are into definitions. So I decided to look up sarcasm and this is what I found. It said something like

"a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain."

and another definition from dictionary.com said,

1. harsh or bitter derision or irony. 2 . a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark: a review full of sarcasms. I can't imagine a god of love making such remarks if his intentions are supposed to be good all the time. What love is there in speaking in a way that is designed to give someone pain? I don't remember god in the bible taunting, sneering, or making cutting remarks against even the devil. i read job, the one you mentioned. god did tell him when he was wrong, but god didnt make sneering taunting or cutting remarks at him.

• Inkie
    Inkie

Hi check:

“I hope you dont mind me posting on your thread,”

No, not at all.

“there was something you said that sorta caught my eye. You said that your lord (I am assuming you mean God) made some sarcastic remarks.”

No, I meant my Lord, Jaheshua. However, I also stated that Jah did too.

As for your understanding of the definitions of “sarcasm,” you are correct in your understanding. However, please note that as you yourself have quoted the definitions, there seems to be a “range” or a “spectrum” of what sarcasm can be. On one side of the range/spectrum you can have the ‘satire and irony’ of the word, while on the other side of the range/spectrum you can have the harsh, bitter, and derisive side of the meaning of the word. And that’s why I stated in that post of mine that when humans do it, it can get out of control quite easy and fast.

“I can't imagine a god of love making such remarks if his intentions are supposed to be good all the time. What love is there in speaking in a way that is designed to give someone pain? I don't remember god in the bible taunting, sneering, or making cutting remarks against even the devil. i read job, the one you mentioned. god did tell him when he was wrong, but god didnt make sneering taunting or cutting remarks at him.”

check, from what I understand, all emotions and expressions of those emotions EXIST. And they all have their proper place. For example: anger and hatred. These two exist. Yet, even a God of Love can become angry, yes? Jah Himself declares that He is a God “slow to anger.” Thus it is evident that He CAN become angry. Even a God of Love can hate, yes? Sarcasm too exists. And it has it’s proper place. Kept in check, check (pun intended), even a God of Love can use sarcasm to His, or should I say, to OUR advantage, yes? When humans express such emotions, we tend to mess them up royally, don’t we. I have studied quite extensively the book of Job and in that study I have read in numerous translations of the Bible how the various writers, translators, and editors of those many translations write the conversations between God and Job. In many of those translations, there is quite a bit of sarcasm. Albeit, it may be on the kinder side of sarcasm—but still sarcasm.

Also, check, not all pain is bad pain. It is written that even God “disciplines” those whom He loves. If we were not disciplined, we wouldn’t be a son, would we? And “discipline” is not always painless, right? Even coming from a loving God—or perhaps I should say, especially coming from a loving God. . Sarcasm doesn’t have to be on the opposite side of the spectrum, meaning: bitter, rash, rude, sneering, and cutting remarks causing one necessarily to bleed.

I hope this explains better what I wrote.

--Inkie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit