@SnakesInTheTower, What did you use to call this method of service?

by donuthole 8 Replies latest jw friends

• donuthole
    donuthole

This morning I was trying to think of what you used to call that that method of field service were we bounced all over the the territory map hitting calls that were distanced far apart to waste time. There was a funny term you called it at the KH but I can't remember.

I'm posting this instead of private message because someone else may know.

• wheelwithinwheel
    wheelwithinwheel

It's called putting in pioneer hours.

• wheelwithinwheel
    wheelwithinwheel

Pioneering is probably the funny term you're looking for.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I don't remember what snakes called it.........But I call it hip hop service

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

The Star Method.

We started at the KH (point A.... shoot all the way out to Worden (the furthest point north), then back to South Roxana (the furthest point south), then stop for coffee (at Hardee's in the middle of the star), then after 45 minutes, go out to Cottage Hills (the furthest west), then go all the way to Hamel (furthest east), then back to the kingdom hall (in cottage hills)....

Doing this slowly was called The Pioneer Shuffle.

Now I just simplify it by calling it A Big Waste of Time.

Snakes (Rich )

(p.s.. by the way... Streets & Trips puts the above route at 72.6 miles and 1 hour and 40 minutes of driving. When I hit the "optimize" button it reduces the route to 42.3 miles and 1 hour and 7 minutes .... were we good at wasting time or what? LOL)

• wobble
    wobble

If that is the Pioneer Shuffle, what is that very slow walk the Pioneers have perfected,with lots of actual stopping, while they continue their ever so important between doors gossip, I mean conversation ?

• asilentone
    asilentone

waste of gas!

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

ping pong preaching

• donuthole
    donuthole

The star method! That was it!

I'm working on my novel and wanted to incorporate the expression.

Thanks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit