A LOS ANGELES BASED ONLINE COMMUNITY NEWSPAPER HAS ASKED FOR MY EXP. GROWING UP AS A JW.

by What-A-Coincidence 6 Replies latest jw friends

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

what the editor is asking for:

A first-person story about your experiences as a Jehovah's Witness. How did people respond when you knocked on their doors? Were you nervous? Did different people respond differently? Were there some houses you always avoided?

The piece should also include some data about the movement and the presence. But most of it, would be about your experiences.

Then you can say you eventually left, but I'm actually most interested in the inside view of what it's like to grow up as a Jehovah's witness.

MY BACKGROUND:

Went to meeting with mother since 5. Was a pioneer, Ministerial Servant, Elder, Bethelite (Wallkill & Brooklyn) until 2005.

Yeah....gonna include pics, videos, links to here and such.

I grew up in this area of Los Angeles and began to contact current JWs who are on the fence through facebook.

I hope that this article primarily saves the youth from the grips of the watchtower...with Jehovah's blessing of course. Then I can have my own following and then have them build me a bunker ;-) j/k

SEEKING COMMENTS OR ADVICE FROM THE GREAT MINDS OF THE BOARD

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

Why don't you just enjoy your new lady and forget about this other stuff?

JDW

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Judge D ;-)

• carla
    carla

I think it's great you are willing to do this! Thanks for getting the word out!

• wobble
    wobble

Yea, go for it Wotta !

• looloo
    looloo

well done , thats great !

• wheelwithinwheel
    wheelwithinwheel

Have fun writing. I'm sure it will be a great story. Congratulations

Wheels

Share this

Google+