Rain on a Tin Roof

by Broken Promises 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

It's currently raining bucketloads while I type this. We've had a typical summer-time storm with thunder, rolling clouds, heat, then the cooling winds which come with the thunderstorm.

(A loud crack of thunder just exploded when I typed thunderstorm, yikes!)

I have a tin roof, which only amplifies the sound of the rain!

Bliss!!

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Soooooo...... what are you wearing?

V665V665

• Broken Promises
  • streets76
    streets76

When I was a small child, my family lived in a trailer in a stereotypical run-down trailer park in the south (USA). One good memory I have from that trailer is the rainy nights, lying in bed, listening to the rain hitting the tin roof over my head. Very rhythmic and soothing.

(Of course, the cosy feeling was usually ruined when the dude in the next trailer over would come home drunk and beat his wife. Good times.)

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I love rain. On a tin roof? You're right. It's bliss. I grew up on the Gulf of Mexico coast and it rained a little it seemed like every afternoon. It was magic to go out walking in it in my rain coat and bare feet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwDh-xea40s

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

I live in probably the wettest part of NSW, so hear rain on the roof regularly. I sleep on my deck too, so can smell the rain before it hits. The only negative was getting used to all the noisy birds predawn. Now I am used to it....

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I love sleeping on a screened porch on the gulf or Mobile Bay for the same reasons.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

This is an instrumental and it's so beautiful. I often listen to it before work so it will play in my head as I do my demonstrations all day. It's very calming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7Du9fy0TuA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit