WTS Dips into same Pot with Churches

by Amazing 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing
    Amazing

Fidelity Charitable Gift Fund: Thanks to our donors, since 1992 we have made $2.5 billion in grants to over 56,000 charities throughout the U.S., making Fidelity Charitable Gift Fund one of America's leading public charities and #1 public grantmaker. During the 1999-2000 fiscal year, our donors supported the following list of organizations:

http://www300.charitablegift.org/annual/recipients/s2.shtml

Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses- Woodland Park Congregation
    Jehovah's Witnesses, Inc. Penasqitos Congregation
    Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc.
    Rutherford Charitable Organization (Questionable connection to JWs)
    Kingdom Building Ministries, Inc. (Questionable connection to JWs)

I am still checking on the last two just in case.

• anewperson
    anewperson

Gave them money to do what?

• gumby
    gumby

Well the bible say's God's people would "milk the nations"... dosen't it now? Why this is totally scriptural!

Besides...these worldly organizations are going to crumble anyway in Jehovah's 'due time' which is anytime now!

Jehovah's people can further the good news by using worldly resources because everything belongs to Jehovah anyway!

Silly ole Amazing!

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

I guess money is money, huh? Condemn others, but take what you can get? The height of their hypocrisy never ceases to amaze me!

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• Patriot
    Patriot

Good homework Amazing, thanks!

• anewperson
    anewperson

Amazing, a scam was commented upon in regard to a Fidelity Group Inc involving New River, a congregation in West Virginia. I don't know if the name just coincidentally reminds of the Fidelity Charitable Trust or not. Anyway you may want to pursue this some more. The Fidelity Group scam reference was compiled in a string I started on this board called "Name Terrible JW Congregations" http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=18785&page=7&site=3

and the specific item was:

"New River: child abuse,* Fidelity Group Inc insurance scam"

which was for W Virginia; and the entry for the whole state so far in its entirety reads:

W VIRGINIA: East, South and West. corruption, child abuse,* favoritism, selfish Elk Valley of North Charleston: nepotism, pedophilia * Beckley Southglen: child abuse New River: child abuse,* Fidelity Group Inc insurance scam

Maybe Kent or Randy have more information on if this "Fidelity" thing ties the insurance and charities stuff together?

• uncle jimbo
    uncle jimbo

Amazing,

I think you might be grasping a little here. From my examination of the website, it seems that the DONORS decide where THEIR money goes. So what you have are a few rich JW's (who might even use Fidelity Group as their finacnial consultant/ brokerage) deciing to give $$$ to the WT through this. Instead of giving the money directly to Brooklyn, they would rather give 2 cents on the dollar to Fidelity.

But for that 2%, Fidelity sets up the gift so the donor scams a tax break from the governemnt that in some cases is even larger than the gift itself. They MAKE a profit on a gift. Yes, it stinks but it is perfectly legal.

WT gets theirs and rich dub gets theirs.

I could be wrong. But from what I saw that is all there is to this.

uncy

• Amazing
    Amazing

Uncle:

I think you might be grasping a little here.

Nope. I made no commentary. I just posted what was on the website.

From my examination of the website, it seems that the DONORS decide where THEIR money goes. So what you have are a few rich JW's (who might even use Fidelity Group as their finacnial consultant/ brokerage) deciing to give $$$ to the WT through this.
    Wealthy JWs would at least know that the Fidelity Group charges 2% load. They could send their money directly to Watch Tower, and 100% goes to the Society ... and the Donors still get the same tax break.

Instead of giving the money directly to Brooklyn, they would rather give 2 cents on the dollar to Fidelity.
    Think so? I kind of doubt it.

But for that 2%, Fidelity sets up the gift so the donor scams a tax break from the governemnt that in some cases is even larger than the gift itself. They MAKE a profit on a gift. Yes, it stinks but it is perfectly legal.
    Fidelity makes an overhead to support the cost of running the Gift Fund. But no profit. As for JW Donors ... they could set up an annuity that pay X Dollars out to the WTS, and they keep the rest, and make more money ... or they could put the funds into a Mutual Fund that pays the Society the net gains, but the principle remains in tact.

WT gets theirs and rich dub gets theirs. I could be wrong. But from what I saw that is all there is to this.
    You may be right. I made no specific commentary. The only thing is that the Society and some congregations are dipping into the same pot where we find the Government and Religion. The Society claims to be clean of any connection ... and they could direct Dubs to send money directly to the WTS ... instead, they and their followers are using more and more of the world they condemn.

There was a time when Congregations were barred from even having a savings account. We could only have a checking account for the ease of paying bills. Now congregations can have savings and CD, and T-Bills, and Bonds ... etc.

I am not suggesting any big scandal ... just observing a trend to be more and more a part of the system they so vehemently condemned as of Satan.

• uncle jimbo
    uncle jimbo

right on, Amazing.

... just observing a trend to be more and more a part of the system they so vehemently condemned as of Satan
    I know from firsthand sources that the WT owns stocks. I guess the Society is as desperate for MBAs as they are for lawyers. They have tons of cash they don't know where to park.

Puzzling why they've gone el-cheapo on the new publications (paperback books, no subscriptions). Guess they have to pay for the expansion at Patterson Palaces somehow.

Like your other posting, this was a VERY informative post. thanks.

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

WOW! Excellent post Amazing! How did you learn about this charity?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit