Suicide article from JW website

by moomanchu 7 Replies latest jw friends

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

From the Watchtower website:

MARY suffered from clinical depression as well as some other health problems.

However, she was not isolated from her family, nor did she abuse alcohol or drugs.

Mary's case well illustrates the point that not all risk factors need to be present for a serious suicide attempt to take place.

They are one f'ed up cult !!

• milola
    milola

Based on those two sentences, why do you say that? I am having trouble figureing your line of thinking. Can you elaborate?

• DeathSentry
    DeathSentry

doesn't sound like the JWs had anything to do with it. clinical depression can come from many sources; but the correlation is not in your email.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa
    MARY suffered from clinical depression as well as some other health problems.
    However, she was not isolated from her family, nor did she abuse alcohol or drugs.
    Mary's case well illustrates the point that not all risk factors need to be present for a serious suicide attempt to take place.

I think it is F-ed up because the Watchtower is saying that a person being isolated from their family is a risk factor for suicide, and at the same time the Watchtower ADVOCATES isolating df-ed people from their families.

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

Oh, I see. Good point.

• ClassickConcept
    ClassickConcept

Awesome point! I was readin that article th eother day as well and thought it didnt sit right

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

I thought they are f'ed up because, they are admitting that isolation from family is a major factor

to people comitting suicide.

They also start bragging in the article about the JW neighbor being sooooo helping.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I think it is F-ed up because the Watchtower is saying that a person being isolated from their family is a risk factor for suicide, and at the same time the Watchtower ADVOCATES isolating df-ed people from their families.

Valid point

How many times have we heard of a male who was brought up in this cult to later realize that he was gay,

and his JWS family abandoned him for the cult, cumulating into a suicide by this individual.

The WTS of course will never take an ounce of blame for being an instigating factor in why so many people who were

involved in this religion end up taking their lives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit