Gilead Class and/or Graduation Dates

by feenx 5 Replies latest jw friends

• feenx
    feenx

Hey everyone :):)

I'm working on something I'm writing and looking alllllll over the watchtower library, such as the Proclaimers book, to try and find dates for the first Gilead classes. I'm specifically trying to find the date(s) of the second Gilead class. Does anyone have a direction they can point me in?

MANY Thanks!

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

*** w03 3/1 p. 25 Seeking First the Kingdom-A Secure and Happy Life ***
    I started pioneering in my hometown. Later, I served in Chicago. In 1943, I moved to Kentucky. That summer, just before the district convention, I received an invitation to attend the second class of Gilead School, where I would receive training for missionary work. The class was to start in September 1943.

*** w59 12/1 pp. 726-727 Pursuing My Purpose in Life ***
    It was in 1942 that I heard of Gilead School, and by the fall term in 1943 I was there as a member of the second class, following the Minneapolis assembly. Going to school with such a large group of brothers and sisters was like living in a new world.

• blondie
    blondie

* ** jv chap. 23 p. 523 Missionaries Push Worldwide Expansion *** In a discourse to that first class on February 1, 1943, the opening day of school, Brother Knorr said: "You are being given further preparation for work similar to that of the apostle Paul, Mark, Timothy, and others who traveled to all parts of the Roman Empire proclaiming the message of the Kingdom.

• feenx
    feenx

You guys are awesome! that is a huge help!! And any more info anyone comes across would be a major help too.

Oh hey, what search string did you guys use?

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

second "Gilead School" (with quotes)

• feenx
    feenx

Sweet thank you! I will try that tonight when I get home. Also, if anyone out there does happen to know the graduation date, or actually what would make me pee my pants is if someone knew the date of the ceremony where they hand out the assignments for the second class. I'm assuming the second class had the same five month duration as the first, which would put the graduation around the end of Jan. 1944, I think...

SO if anyone does happen to have such a crazy item of info, I would mucho appreciato

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit