WT addresses the "rapture" teaching.

by wifibandit 46 Replies latest watchtower bible

• kaik
    kaik
    Rapture is purely American invention in theology and unknown to major European mainstream religions. Actually there is no equivalent to it in my native language. We had first time were taught a rapture in 1980's where the DO was tried to explain to us what it mean. Teaching of Rapture is old as is JWs, but it was never fully explained until later years when various evangelical movements usurped a rapture as their central theology and teaching. Any case, it is not new teaching and it was in JWs for at least 30 years.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

Does this mean there will be a "rapture" of the anointed ones? Many in Christendom believe, according to this teaching, that Christians will be bodily caught up from the earth." - Watchtower, July 15, 2015, p. 18, paragraph 15 - [Emphasis added]

Um, does anybody really believe that "the rapture" will mean their physical body will go to heaven? I never heard anyone that believes in the rapture express this idea.

I suppose it's possible, but I really think this is just another example of the WT misrepresenting the beliefs of other faiths. At the very least, it's painting "Christendom" with a broad brush. The use of the word "many" (in "Many in Christendom ...") is totally a weasel word, "creating an impression that a specific and/or meaningful statement has been made, when only a vague or ambiguous claim has been communicated, enabling the specific meaning to be denied if the statement is challenged."

• Garrett
    Garrett
    I'm glad someone brought this up. When I was learning the lie, I never got this point. , I'm looking forward to hearing everyone's thoughts on the matter.
  • hardtobeme
    hardtobeme

Listen, Obey and be Blessed....

It's a cult!!!!!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

So.....Jesus was resurrected and then visibly taken up to heaven, but the rapture won't happen that way, even though the bible says believers will be caught away to be united with Jesus in the air???? Ok....

I'm so glad I don't care.

DD

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

What a bunch of BS! The bible says Jesus will come on the clouds ( and I'm pretty sure it says that every eye will see him) by the GB says that it implies invisibility! LOL!!!

Well, there you go! The GB can escape to Switzerland when a "coalition of nations" ( nations where the courts sue the shit out of them for pedophilia) attacks them! JWs will never see the GB again and "history will show" that the "initial part" of the GT started when the GB disappear! It happened invisibly!! The GB were here and now they are gone! Wow!!!

The remaining R&F will be under the command of the GB Helpers and will need to make sacrifices for "Jehoober!" Public humiliation for supporting a Pedo-coverup, beatings in service, jail time for breaking the law/perjury, ect., could all be forms of persecution! Will you remain loyal!?!?!?

DD

• yodastar
    yodastar
    Yep pretty raptured that I no longer care either. Rapturessly twaddlish
  • kaik
    kaik
    Catholic, Orthodox, and major Protestant denominations consider Rapture to be heresy. It is actually forbidden doctrine by the Catholic Church. It did not appear in Christianity until 1830's by preachers in Northern American and was not fully defined by fundamentalists until early 20th century. Catholics and European Christianity uses word Ascension, but there is also difference in theology between this and Harvest. JWs attempts to model their rapture theology on other fundamentalist religions who often believe that chosen one will float away from this earth while meeting Jesus in midway when he is returning. This way they think they escape the wrath and tribulation. Of course WT teaches that rapture will happen to the reminder of 144K. Back in the 1980's it was pack of 8000 or so individuals.
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher
    Thanks WIFIBANDIT!
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

Having read the whole article, it is evident that the Org is "priming" the sheep for some serious fleecing in the future! (par. 8)

They clearly see dark clouds heading their way! :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit