WT addresses the "rapture" teaching.

by wifibandit 46 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

Look at paragraph 15 of the 2015 July 15th Study Edition pg 18-19.

http://imgur.com/3wpARyS

Basically they admit to teaching the rapture (for the anointed remnant), just don't call it that!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Interesting.

Check out this thread from two years ago, also from the July 15th issue of that year, 2013:

JW's now believe in The Rapture

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

I'd be willing to bet that if you asked a random sampling of JWs if they believe in "The Rapture" the overwhelming majority would say that they do not. It might even be unanimous.

These articles prove conclusively that the WT teaches this doctrine, it just doesn't call it that. This is evidence that the average JW doesn't even know or understand what they supposedly "believe."

In truth, JWs "beliefs" are not their own; they "believe" whatever they are told to believe even if they can't keep up with what that exactly is at any given moment.

Let's review: It's a cult!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

WiFi, how'd you get this article? It's not on JW.ORG yet.

• Gayle
    Gayle
    wifibandit,, how did u get this early,,not on jw.org yet. Just curious about your inside tract. plan to try to read later,,a little blurry in spots.
  • cofty
    cofty

This article is causing a lot of excitement among active JWs online.

They can't wait for the "persecution".

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

Spot on Oubliette!

I said this in another forum:

Annual meeting 2012 if I recall was the first mention. The first published change appeared in THE WATCHTOWER (STUDY EDITION) JULY 2013, 2nd article

From paragraph 17

All faithful anointed ones who are still on earth after the initial part of the great tribulation has passed will already have received their final sealing. Then, as indicated in Jesus’ prophecy about the great tribulation, they will be gathered to heaven.

See the timeline picture too.

This new article addresses the "rapture" label now that they teach rapture (for the remaining anointed).

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Cofty: They can't wait for the "persecution".

Tell them to come over to my house. I'll give 'em an advance preview!

• wifibandit
  • steve2
    steve2

The latest article supports the hypothesis that JWs don't spend too much time nowadays pondering the implications of what they are being taught. A rose by any other name is still a rose. It's just not worth the grief for them to think too much about what the organization tells them lies ahead. Pun intended by the phrase "lies ahead".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit