Watchtower is like a member of the United Nations FAMILY!

by Dogpatch 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Here's a good one sent to me that I thought I'd post on the United Nations.

Randy

A Member of The Family! The United Nations Library card is an identification card which will entitle me to library privileges. The Watchtower admits this! Anyone with the proper identification card may visit the library. Who may use the library?The Dag Hammarskjöld Library is a special library designated to facilitate the work of the United Nations which focuses mainly on the needs of the United Nations Secretariat and diplomatic missions. Anyone with a valid United Nations Headquarters grounds pass, including specialized agencies , accredited media and NGO staff, is able to visit the library. Due to security constraints in place at the United Nations Headquarters complex, the library is not open to the general public. The vast majority of recent documentation is available to everyone electronically. Members of the public are invited to visit depository libraries located worldwide if they are in need of documentation in hard-copy format. The library provides online access to tools that assist clients in finding and using United Nations documentation including, UN Documents Research Guide , the UN Info Quest (UN-I-Que) database, and an e-mail reference service. ( See: http://www.un.org/depts/dhl/libraryfaq.htm ) What does the Watchtower say about identification cards?

IDENTIFICATION CARD

"Each member of the Brooklyn Bethel family is givenan identification card uponhis becoming a member of the family. This is because the family is so large, and so this acts as a protection to the family. Every member of the family should carry his identification card with him and show it upon request when entering the home if he is questioned by another member of the family. All of us should be interested in protecting the home and keeping out those who do not live here. If you terminate your service at Bethel, the identification card should be turned in at the time you turn in your key to the Bethel office." ( See under heading; Identification Card,1974 Dwelling Together In Unity, click here: http://www.watchthetower.net/dwelling.html )

So, a Bethel identification card verifies a person as a member of the Bethel family. The same would be true for the U.N. library card. If a person terminates their service with the Bethel family, then they are required to turn in their identification card. The same is true for the U.N. library card.

The Watchtower admits that an identification card equals membership even within their own Bethel family ranks.

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

Personally, I could not care less if the Watchtower decided to become an NGO. What got me were their deceptive pro-U.N. articles in the Awake! magazine back in the 1990's. I saw that when I was still in and could not understand why they were doing that, then later I learned. Hypocrites is what they were and are.

• Podobear
    Podobear

Yup... fornication is fornication. If that had been some over-sexed kid, they would have been given the boot by the congregation, if they did not confess and turn around.

That, and much more, led to my disillusionment, also.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit