Anyone from Rome Georgia?

by sherry123 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• sherry123
    sherry123

Hi i am new and i have been DF for years.......best thung that could have happen to me.

• dinah
    dinah

I'm kinda close. Bama girl here.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Sherry, you live about one hour away from me. I will send you private message sometime soon, click on the blue envelope on the upper right corner, if you cannot open my message right away, try it again, it usually opens the 2nd time.

• asilentone
    asilentone

After you write me back, please let me know on this thread that you have sent me a message. We do not have message indicator here. Thank you!

• Honesty
    Honesty

I am about 3 hours away from Rome.

One of my nieces left 'the truth' and graduated from Berry last year.

She is a Christian missionary now.

You can send me a PM if you want to but I must warn you that the faithful slave considers me one of the evil slave class

because I have rejected their authority and call them apostates.

• Kahlua
    Kahlua

I have just moved back to Georgia. I'm about an hour away from you also.

I was disappointed when I got back and checked the Meet Up groups and did not find any for the Atlanta area. Looks like there are quite a lot of people signed up as interested in one.

A few years ago I used to come up to Rome and ride my bicycle on the trails along the rivers and a couple times we rode the Berry campus too. Some beautiful scenery.

• sherry123
    sherry123

yes berry is beatiful...i like to go walk there when my health permits

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

My husband grew up in Rome, GA. He has never been a JW. His parents still live there.

I also had a cousin who was married for many years to a guy from Rome, GA. They were both JWs. He still lives in my aunt's house in Anderson, SC and is now married to another woman.

I live in suburban Atlanta.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I raised my kids 16 miles from Rome. I was in the Cartersville Congregation. I was just down there last week on business in Dalton. Took the shuttle to Datlon from Hartsfield. So I passed by all those exits on I-75. I miss the area a lot, but I do not miss all the crime and traffic of Bartow Co. I loved Rome and Calhoun and Kingston. My grandfather was one of Martha Berry's original students back in the teens.

• sherry123
    sherry123

oh wow!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit