Can someone please explain what it is with JWs and Smurfs?

by Little Imp 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

I have noticed over time references to Smurfs. I can say I never heard anything about the Smurfs when I attended the KH. I also asked my husband who was more or less a born in but he didn't have a clue either. I just wondered is this something just in the US?

I would be grateful if someone could kindly enlighten me.

Many thanks.

• sabastious
  • Little Imp
    Little Imp

Thanks Sabastious, weird or what?

• Black Sheep
  • Soldier77
    Soldier77

Growing up in the states during the late '70's early '80's it was definitely a bad thing to have Smurf toys. I heard a lot of 'demonic' possessions of these stuffed blue toys wearing white hats (or red). Shit like a little girl went to sleep with her smurf doll and woke up in the middle of the night screaming bloody murder. When the parents got to her she had scratches down the side of her cheek and blood on the smurf dolls hand.

Of course, no one brought out the fact that the family had a cat and it hated to be closed up in the room with the daughter... and the smurf gets the bad rap.

Come to think of it, what is it with JWs and DEMONS period? Speaking to my mom the last week or so, she had said 'demonic', 'demon possessed' and 'controlled by demons' a few times. Makes me wonder if she's hiding something, I don't know what, maybe she's into witchcraft....

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

This rumor defiantly went around, I heard it when I was young and my parents repeated it liked they believed it completely.

I asked my wife about it, luckily for her her although they heard it also, parents were smart enough not to believe it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit