Ouija boards

by jolly_green_giant 8 Replies latest jw friends

• jolly_green_giant
    jolly_green_giant

I'd like some feedback from any of you guys who've used Ouija boards. I havent tried yet myself but plan to sometime in the near future. Most people who i talked to that have used them said they've usually got negative feedback from the spirits. Apparently its not a good idea to be intoxicated with booze or drugs while trying to perform a seiance(sic) because it may offend the person you're trying to reach.

any info from you guys would be much appreciated... thanx

• Valis
    Valis

jolly, the Ouija is just like the Paradise on Earth Book. You have to believe in it to scare the hell out of yourself.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I haave a tale to tell about Ouija Boards, My mother prior to becoming a devout JW, dabbled in the occult.My mother had esp, and she could forsee the future, she and her friends had a ouija get together and they were asking the board questions, I guess that spirists didn't like the question, it lifted off the table and flew across the room. My mom was a scary person, when she looked at you it was as if she was looking right through you. On one occasion my mother was home with my little sister at the time and she went down in to the basement and could see the devil sitting under the stair well by our cold storage room was, also a coat on a hook released itself from the wall and flew across the room. She also said that one time, she was in bed and the demons attacked her sexually. Freaky. My mon was like a monster and our lives were very turbulent. Believe me I am not making this up it is all true. So my advise to you and others would be careful what you dabble in.

• rem
    rem

Orange,

I think there is a greater probability that your mom was a psycho than any of these events really happening. I'd also be interested in finding out how she could possibly identify the being in the basement as the devil as opposed to Gabriel or even Thor.

And if it really was the devil, then I wonder what in the hell the devil was doing in your mom's basement? Was he rummaging through some old stuff that would be sold at a future garage sale so he could demonize it for unsuspecting Jdubs? Was he hiding out so Jesus and pals couldn't find him? Maybe she accidentally left some food out down there - you know how that attracts the supernatural varmin.

rem

"We all do no end of feeling, and we mistake it for thinking." - Mark Twain
  • Francois
    Francois

I had a Ouija board once and I must have asked too many questions that it didn't like, because it got up and walked right out of the room.

Oh, wait, that was a Smurf at the KH.

Got my bullshit stories mixed up there for a minute.

FT

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

rem;
    You seem to think that I was joking, well I am not all I am saying was that my mother felt it was satan as she like everyone else has a visual of a creature with red eyes and horns, that is what she saw and it could have been a demon, yes i agree, my mother was intensely strange. In our home apparently like many JWs she needed to get rid of things that were an approach to the demons. You know cleaning away objects and stuff like that out of our home.Under the stair well of our house we had a cooler that was given to us by a women who also dabbled in the occult. When my mom was attacked by the demons in a sexual attack she had a bed spread that was also given to her by this other women. The spirit in our home was very disquieting to say the lease. The cong. we were in the brothers decided to place the book study in our home and they felt that this woould relieve the uncanny things happening in our home. Many times the brothers came over to pray for release of the demon influence. Like I said ,this is not funnyor a joke you'd have to be there to understand what I am saying. Iam just grateful I am out of the org. Just to many wierd things went on, that is all I was saying. Yes my mother was a phyco.

PROCRASTINATION IS THE THIEF OF TIME!!

• David Gladden
    David Gladden

If hear that blind-folding all of the participants helps increase its accuracy.

• rem
    rem

Orange,

I was not implying that you were making anything up. I'm suggesting that your mother misinterpreted certain phenomenon as demon attacks. Her account of being assaulted in bed is quite a common phenomenon called Sleep Paralysis. Here is a link to more information about it:

http://sleepdisorders.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http://watarts.uwaterloo.ca/%7Eacheyne/S%5FP2.html

It seems that demons only seem to bother people who believe in them. Since your mom evidently believed in demons, she was hypersensitive to anything that could be misinterpreted as a demonic attack. A good book for you to read is Carl Sagan's Demon Haunted World. You will find that there is no reason to be afraid of demons.

rem

"We all do no end of feeling, and we mistake it for thinking." - Mark Twain
  • Lindy
    Lindy

Rem,
    I read "Carl Sagan's Demon Haunted World" and found it very interesting. It is a good read for any JW or ExJw. It sure clears up the demon stuff and a bunch of other things. Makes one think and helps you to become a critical thinker. Of course that is something that the Society fears the most, that JW's just might start to use their brains. No "independent thinking."
    Lindy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit