OUR OLD FRIEND...

by Quentin 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• Quentin
    Quentin

Sevaral weeks ago Terry and I had gone to a local Star Bucks for coffee. I intended to go to Church so was decked out, slacks, dress shirt, tie. Terry said "there's Johnny ( his childhood friend and fromer brother in law, some of you know the story ). "Where?" "In that car, front passenger side." Sure enough there he was. Since I was "dressed for field service" started to get up and go over to the car. My cell phone rang, emergency at home, had to leave, missed greeting our old friend.

A few days later asked if Johnny had seen us. " Yes he did, he tryed to hide and set the car alarm off, face went beet red". ( Johnny was with a car group ) My response was to call witness' cowards who life in fear, sad he didn't come say hello. Because I know Johnny, had he been alone he would have got coffee, come over and sat with us. Told Terry that it was sad, very sad some people feel compelled to live in fear.

Always liked Johnny, was never anywhere as close as he Terry and a few others. Yet, Johnny and I had some good times togather here and there. Now, here's the thing, forget about me, it's Terry that got the slap in the face. For years these two guys were like Siamese Twins. Terry married into the family, had three kids with Johnny's sister and Johnny sets off a car alarm in his haste to hide.

People come on here and castigate many ex-jws because of their feelings about the wt. I don't understand, what's your problem, get over it. Taint that easy, Terry and I have been away from the tower for years. This episode was comical, but then again it wasen't. The wtbts tears lives apart no matter how many years pass it continues to hurt and cause feelings of being a second class citizen. I'm sorry I had to leave Terry there alone. Sorry Johnny reacted the way he did. A drop in the ocean compared to what many others go through, and have gone through, with this cult. Still sad, so very sad. Heres to you our old friend, maybe someday you will be free.

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

Amen.

• funnyface
    funnyface

I truly hope so....Then I can cuddle MY daughter ,You can hug your friend.

But lets face it!!!if they told em to drink the "cool Aid" they would,
    the poisen they are feeding them every meeting,is surely as wicked as
    drinking it all at once as did the Jonestown lot.
    the only differance is it is in small portions

• Quentin
    Quentin

Funnyface I hope there will come a time when you can hug your daughter many times over....

To me there are two major types of jw's....kool-aid drinkers who would, in lock step, do as they were told.

Then there are those when asking the question where else can you go, mean there is no place but the tower, where they are empowered with positions of honor, being big fish in the little ponds of kh's dotted around the landscape. I call them 40%. They defended 100% of wt doctrin, yet know that it is full of unthruth and distortion, Johnny is one of these. It is the siren call of the limelight that locks him in, keeps him in bondage to what he knows is bs. It's a norcotic, like a heroin addict he must have his daily fix. Johnny is no kool-aid drinker, he has a high level of intellect, which he uses to hold tight the wt and whaterever postion of power he has, no matter how limited it may be.

Johnny, and other jw's like him are what keeps the wt humming, ones that smooz and hand lead the eger kool-aid drinkers along right over the cliff, all the while assuring them the tower had the truth that would give them eternal life, while they themselves would step over to that little path and walk down the mountain.

As I said above had Johnny been there alone, with no one to see, we would have all sat, had coffee and a good time.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Sorry to hear this Quentin. I've just had a similar experience the last few days. It's so damn sad.

• Quentin
    Quentin

Relate what happened sooner, it's important to discuss these episodes. Gives the lurkers and newbies something to think about. Your dad probably knew Johnny. Johnny came to the Mineral Wells kh some years ago and gave the public talk, my dad was so excited, he made a special visit to me so I would know. Told me Johnny promised to look me up. Never happened of course. Told my dad, along with a few other comments, I was the last person Johnny would want to see.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit