'Hello': NO! 'Farmville': YES

by Lady Viola 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Viola
    Lady Viola

Farmville is a very popular Facebook game everywhere, also in the Netherlands. I personally hate it, so I ignore every object that FB friends wants to sell to me.

But I have noticed lately that active JW's, even the very serious ones, play Farmville with disfellowshipped persons. So... they don't greet those people on the street, but it is okay to play an online game? Bro/Sis are completely different 'online' then they are in the 'real world'. It's like being on holiday and act completely different...

Not that I care... I don't follow directions of the WT anymore, but it did surprise me as I used to be very strict as an active JW.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

It's part of the post-personal world of the internet, or at least people who are rather naive about the structure and how it might be best used. My guess is they are not particularly seen as people even if the profiles has their real name on it. Check out the quote I just posted in the Facebook thread..

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Bah! I avoid FB games like the plague they are. I don't care who's playing...

V665

• plueml
    plueml

Please add me at Farmville hihi

• Scully
    Scully

I'm sure it is for "necessary business".

The more FV friends and neighbours you have, the more stuff you can acquire from them. Apparently.

• SlipnSlide
    SlipnSlide

I hate Farmville. I got so many requests to play and it does not interest me in the least. I have seen "active" Witlesses still on Facebook after they were discouraged from doing so. Is the WTBTS loosing more of it's grip?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I played it at first. But I began to understand how much it slows and locks my computer so I stopped. Cold turkey. I think I played for four or five months. Now everyone including my boss sends me FV junk.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit