In a nutshell, what is the wackiest jw thing?

by stuckinarut2 80 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    What is the wackiest...strangest....most unusual Jw teaching or practice?
  • 3rdgen
    3rdgen
    The singing literature cart.
  • cappytan
    cappytan

I was just discussing this with a fader friend this morning.

One of the things I can't just get my head around is, why can't they just have a calm, rational discussion about doubts? and why can't they just agree to disagree, have a drink and move on with their lives instead of making a federal case about it?

Anyway, that's not nearly as wacky as getting together every year to pass a plate of bread and a glass of wine that not even 1% of your followers will partake of.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    That some serial killer who never heard the truth will be resurrected, but some innocent child who dies at armageddon will be dead forever. 😦
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp
    That they will spend hours and hours trying to recrute new members but don't give a damn about their families. That TRULY blows my mind. I have about 1000 other things I could list but don't have all day.
  • PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Willingness to cover up pedophilia, but disfellowship someone who mentions that it happened.

• Divergent
    Divergent
    Jehovah does not desire anyone to be destroyed BUT WILL NOT HESITATE TO DESTROY 8 BILLION PEOPLE AT ARMAGEDDON!
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

The complete mental barricade to obvious MAJOR flaws in the organization. I feel i forced the barricade for years until I just couldn't anymore and was honest with myself. JW's live in a constant lie:

• I think for myself
    • No one influences what I do
    • I am free to do whatever i want
    • The organization is loving
    • They are 'The Truth"
    • We are happy, look no one else is
    • Only our lives are fulfilled an meaningful
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Insisting members are no part of the world. Ridiculous, we have to live on this planet. Sure be an individual and join in whatever you like and don't necessarily be a sheeple but forbidding people from being a part of the culture they're growing up in is damaging to their mental health.

Children want to join in, to be accepted, to make friends, that's normal. Preventing them doing this, I believe, is actual cruelty.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

For me, sparrowdown hits the nail on the head. The resurrection of dead serial killers, rapists, child abusers, terrorists, etc. who died in ignorance of JW-ism compared to the upcoming destruction of hundreds of millions of innocent children whose parents rejected JW-ism has to be the craziest belief.

Although, this belief is up against some pretty stiff competition - blood transfusions are evil; masturbation is a sin ...

Another wacky belief: 'you can't stand still in the truth, brothers.' This means that a repentant paedophile or murderer is more favourable in God's eyes than a baptised witness that has dropped his hours in field service.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit