Look at this Charlie Brown clip--What parallels do you see?

by MarkedFragile 6 Replies latest jw friends

• MarkedFragile
    MarkedFragile

I watched "The Great Pumpkin" episode of Charlie Brown tonight. Linus and Sally stay in the pumpkin patch all night waiting on "the great pumpkin." What do you think of the parallels between this clip and the organization? How did Sally's speech at the end affect you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiSIQzwIPzQ&feature=related (3:31)

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

I WAS ROBBED!!!

Nah! I don't give a f**k now. I grew up without it and I can happiliy live without it.

V665

• garyneal
    garyneal

Too busy waiting on Jah in His Ark foregoing living a life to the full.

Whoops, did he say IF armegeddon will come instead of WHEN? One little slip like that can cause you to fall out of the Ark.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

When Lucy got up in the middle of the night and that saw Linus hadn't returned, she went out in the cold to bring her brother home from that freezing pumpkin patch and tuck him into a warm bed. Another "evil" apostate shows love and kindness to a misguided, believing family member!

• MarkedFragile
    MarkedFragile

GLTirebiter--yes! Good observation. He still insisted on waiting in that pumpkin patch, sleeping and shivering in the cold. He had invested so much in believing that the great pumpkin would come, and that the pumpkin patch was the only place he could come, that he couldn't give up.

Did you notice how Linus said, "he's gotta pick this one. He's got to. I don't see how a pumpkin patch [or an organization] could be more sincere than this one. You can look all around and there's not a sign of hypocrisy." Wow, what a parallel!

I wonder if this is more metaphorical than we realize?

• no lies please
    no lies please

That is so funny! The WT parallels are so clear. Thanks for that one. I will view that episode differently from now on.

• streets76
    streets76

Damn, that hits close to home.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit