What becomes of old Bethel workers?

by freeman 9 Replies latest jw friends

• freeman
    freeman

What happens to Bethel workers when they get old?

It seems to me that if one were a Bethel worker for most of his or her life, he or she would have very little if any savings to draw on in their old age. Also unless I’m mistaken, a Bethel worker does not pay into Social Security and we all know the Borg does not, so I don’t think they can collect Social Security, can they? So what happens to these poor ladies and gents when they get old? How are they cared for? Does the Watchtower Society have some type of retirement facility for these faithful workers like all the major denominations of Christendom have? Just wondering.

Freeman

• belbab
    belbab

Maybe they are passed on into the Apostate community to be cared for there, like Brother Dunlop.

Freddie Franz, had a brother whose sole assignment was caregiver to him until the very last. Anyone know who he was?

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Good Question!

I think as long as you stay in good standing and don't say anything against the WT they will provide the minimum care of food, shelter, and medical.

But if in your old age and many years of faithful service to the WT, you find out the WT is not what it claims to be, and you tell others your findings, THEY WILL KICK YOU OUT ON YOUR ASS WITH NO MORE ASSISTENCE FROM THEM!

Disguarded like used toliet paper. So much for genuine CHRISTIAN LOVE.

If someone lived a trillion X longer than you, and had a billion X more reasoning ability would he come to the same conclusions as you?
  • Erich
    Erich

Very important question, I think:

If the WTS run out of money the old bethelists would come into tremendous troubles.

They would have to go to "worldly" life aid institutes for supports and helps.

For that reason, it would be very very important to avoid hypocrisy and to remain in the real "truth". Otherwise Jehovah would CERTAINLY withdraw his protection from WTS and bethel.

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan

Good Question, FreeMan.

That will be a very sad situation for them when they retire. If they don't have enough for savings, then I wonder if they have to move into their own grown children's homes provided they (their children) are still active?

I don't know if that situation only applies to Bethelites, Can it also apply to the elderly active JWs?

Ajax

• Room 215
    Room 215

Hi all,

From what I've seen, the aged Bethelites will be cared for until they die, adequately if not lavishly. The ones I think that are really vulnerable in their latter years are the traveling overseers, circuit and district.

With Armageddon's postponement, it seems the Society faces the unanticipated dilemma of having to administer old age care on a scale they never expected, either in Brooklyn or in Patterson, NY.

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

faithful ex-bethelites are not immune to the stresses
    of this world ..but by 'seeking first the kingdom'...jehovah
    will continue to bless them in a way that he feel appropriate.

• freeman
    freeman

Hey Nytelecom,
    You do or did a lot of drugs at one time, am I right?

Freeman

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"Old bethelites never die, they only lose their ...(marbles?"

I think it depends who you are. I have heard of one very well known ex Circuit Overseer being able to see out his days in London Bethel with a personal carer

But i guess they would not want to do it too often

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

whatever floats your boat freegirl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit