These guys crash a Kingdom Hall on Memorial, video included

by Crazyguy 201 Replies latest jw friends

• PokerPlayerPhil
    PokerPlayerPhil

Gayle your too reasonable and this is what I don't miss about attending the meetings now. My first Memorial alone was weird, there were nagging feelings like "what if I am wrong" to which I spent reading forums and reinforcing I have left a Cult, not the Truth to which I am seeking now.. If people had did what they did when my mind was conditioned with the "Persecution Complex" I would have felt "yes, I am doing Jehovah's will and this are Satan's minions attacking us. I don't see the good because you all remember reading about the attacks in Russia, Poland, Africa and many of you were praying for attacks to cease so why is attacking them at their gathering place good?

Gayle we are so lucky to live in a Country that holds those articles with deep conviction! Your valid points with core doctrines our great grandparents fought for should not be tossed out the door because our feelings are hurt.

"

irst Amendment

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press, or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petitition the Government for a redress of grievances. We should not break the law or right of people to 'peaceably' assemble in order to make our point."
  • steve2
    steve2

Yeah it's not like they ever invade your space at 8 am on a Saturday morning banging on your door and telling you your gonna die if you don't join their club.

Talk about drawing a very long bow with which to justify an invasion - including rude behaviour and videoing it as it unfolds - of the witnesses' meeting place. Besides, when the Witnesses door knock, they usually leave as soon as the householder says "Not interested" and tells them to leave. Witnesses' seldom if ever deliver edicts to householders under those circumstances. I have never heard a Witness tell a householder "You're gonna die unless you join us". In fact, householders often turn on the Witnesses compelling them to be more direct about what they really believe will happen to non-JWs.

Quite how this compares with invading other's space, denigrating them and refusing to go baffles me.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

I came away from this thinking that the man in the video just did exactly what JW's do to everyone else... on any given weekend......

...rudely invade your space; interrupt their day to tell them they have to agree with them or they look stupid. or worse, will die.

It would have been twice as effective to meekly stand, turn around and sheepishly ask if you could ask some questions.....for example: "Last time I came to this, they said we were in the last days, that people would never die....how did that change.....I need help?? I know 1914 is the key date, but that was over 100 years ago.....did I confuse that message?"

Being a goofball isn't going to make anyone THINK

• flipper
    flipper
    This was a really, really, really stupid thing to do for these ex-JW's ( I'm assuming they are ex-JW's ) . By proclaiming to the audience as he walks out of the kingdom hall to check HIM out on Facebook all he does is paint himself as the second coming of Christ so people will turn to him for answers. What a freaking nutcase. And a pompous egotist. The JW's will just look at him as another apostate causing trouble, and these are the kind of ex-JW's that cause us sane ex-JW's to get negative feedback from practicing JW's because they're so extreme in their behavior. You could see the JW's there were just trying to ignore him. It accomplished nothing in a positive way. Just reinforces JW's view that we ex-JW's are allegedly " mentally diseased ". Peace out, mr. Flipper
  • floriferous
    floriferous

I detest the WT & can't wait to see it exposed for what it is, however this was excruciating to watch.

The video will just fortify any JW's resolve that they have the 'truth' & are surrounded by Satan's hoards.

Thanks for nothing.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

There were a couple comments here how " the kids will see these apostates protesting and they'll be curious and they'll wake up blah blah blah."

Let me tell you: I was a kid around ten years old when some raving lunatic apostate just like these jerkoffs starts yelling and screaming nonsense in the middle of a circuit assembly. Honestly, I was scared as hell of this guy and I thanked God about twenty brothers surrounded him and kicked him the hell out of there.

So you want to know what's going through JW kids little brains when you pull this shit? They're scared as hell of you.

• pbrow
    pbrow

I could give two shits about the adults in this hall. In this day and age where virtually all kids have access to google and are not afraid to use it, (unlike us adults at first) at least one kid will google that name. The adults are a lost cause. They are either on cruise control or they are not willing to make the needed sacrifice for their own personal freedom. The children do not have that choice. They are forced to be there. Somebody coming into their public meeting hall and openly questioning a group of men that "should never be questioned" is HUGE to a child while at the same time reinforcing the completely indoctrinated ones that they are under persecution.

It seems like those who disapprove do so because it is not polite or not in good taste. Unconventional religions need to be dealt with in unconventional ways. I do not need to stand up and make a scene at the lutheran church i go to because I can openly disagree with members or pastors and not have my family ripped away from me.

There is more than one way to skin a cat

pbrow

• pbrow
    pbrow

Brainless are the people who stay in the cult. You and I simply disagree on tactics on helping people get out of the cult. I cannot say that all kids will google the name just like you cannot say no kids will. I am not sure how old you are but I have two children that are teen age and they go to google for EVERYTHING. That is how it is today.

I was going to swear but you seem to have used them all up in your post.....

pbrow

• cappytan
    cappytan

The guy yelling "Look me up on Facebook!" plays into the perception that Apostates try to gather followers after themselves.

The douchebaggery in these tactics is extremely high.

Even as a teenager/early 20's I would have just laughed and shook my head at the stupid idiot apostate and then go back to passing the wine and bread. I used the internet (Yahoo, Excite, then Google) to look for everything and NEVER looked up apostate websites intentionally.

You're free to use whatever tactics you want, no matter how idiotic they are. Just understand, when idiotic tactics like this are used, it does way more harm to the cause than good.

The ends do not justify the means. Subtle tactics work best. Even the elders recognize that a subtle apostate is more dangerous than an overt moron apostate like the ones in this video.

One time I discussed a guy I thought was an apostate with my father who has been an Elder for more than 33 years, PO & COBE for 30 of them. He said, "How do you know?" I told him, "Well, he's probably not. There's nothing I can put my finger on. Just really subtle things." He then gave me the gist of the statement above about subtle apostasy being more dangerous and damaging to the congregation than other forms.

So, in summation, I guess what I'm trying to say is don't be a huge douche and do similar things to what was portrayed in this video. You'll have far more success just asking questions.

• Jay Elle
    Jay Elle

Why do all the apostates in the video pretend to not know each other and converse immaturely.

It is just bizarre.

And the guy walking out saying, "God is gay" what does that accomplish?

They just look like snarky weirdos. This is the drama i left behind when leaving

this cult.

Next they will punch Amish people to prove they are wrong for not believing in violence. Then we will just feel bad for the punched Amish despite their weird damaging religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit