These guys crash a Kingdom Hall on Memorial, video included

by Crazyguy 201 Replies latest jw friends

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I have a really silly question- what is with the flowers on the stage? I know in Christian churches it is common place for large arrangements on holidays, why don't jw's consider this being part of the 'world' to do the same? or do they always have flowers?

The witness looks at this as a memorial to Christ death and resurrection. Thus the flowers. I seem to recall at all the memorials I have attended they had flowers. As far as being a worldly custom you have a good point but with witness this is always inconsistent.

I have already stated as being in the camp of NO this is counter productive. Comes across as childish and immature. Reminds me of the time the teen idiots followed us from door to door heckling us. All it did was made us look good in the eyes of the house holders and united us in the fact that we were being persecuted for the "truth".

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

The KH is JDudyah home turf which gives them the advantage.

Nobody needs to gate crash KHs these days, just front up to a cart with your list of questions - if you really must.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?
    I found that totally disgusting. Not cool at all.
  • jdubsnub
    jdubsnub
    I'm sorry but these guys are assholes. As much as you may disagree with a religion it's just rude and disrespectful to carry on like that and interrupt something that they hold as dear.
  • DJS
    DJS

jdubsnub,

Ditto. It wasn't funny. It was disrespectful, rude, and counter-productive. But similar OPs seem to fall into a generational and gender like/dislike of these types of sophomoric actions. In other words, these types of incidents seem to play well with males under the age of 35 or so. I"m watching this as an ex-Dub who has no love for the Dark Lords and I'm feeling sorry for the rank and file at this Memorial.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I see it as a adolescent prank, someone in their 20's might think it was cool but realistically those people who did that could have gotten themselves arrested and charged with disturbing the peace for disrupting a church service.

If the elders in that Hall did call the police and they were arrested, then who would have looked like morons ?

As others have said so far on this thread, any aggressive outburst such as that or at an assembly, is methodically perceived as persecution and supports the assertion that ex-jws are mentally diseased.

• pbrow
    pbrow

Rude.. check

disrespectful... check

It is also funny and most likely will not help any of the die-hards or people who stay trapped because they dont want to lose any "relationships" However, there is no doubt in my mind that the younger people will search this stuff out. No one can help people get out until they are ready but for any kids that really are trapped by parents who simply dont get it or dont want to get it can be helped by this type of whistle blowing.

The jw business model is genius. Train kids up from infancy to NEVER question anything at the kingdom hall. When a kid sees this model blatantly interrupted RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT DATE FOR JW"S they can see first hand that in fact it is possible to question this church. The jw bubble works because people do not want to make waves and want to be polite and most important they just don't pop the bubble. If this stunt popped the bubble for even ONE teenager it is worth it.

If you were hoodwinked into this church and lost years of your life before you finally woke up then that is your own fault. If you were born in like I was and had no choice to be in this cult, this would have been awesome. Fuck the people who look at this and are reinforced into this cult. We only have a short time on this earth and every second you spend in this cult is a second of wasted personal freedom. Get the kids out... the sooner the better.

pbrow

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Pointless...just reaffirms in a dubs mind that they have "the truth" since those who leave or have issues with the WT are bitter, mentally diseased apostates.

Stunts like this just push people further in or sway those that have doubts back to the side of the WT...

This kind of active activism just does not work...

• quest81
    quest81

I think it would have more effective for him to simply 'partake' of the wine and crackers in silence.

That would have given those present something to think about.

• Garrett
    Garrett
    I Heard thé fake drunk/high guy and decided I had seen enough.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit