These guys crash a Kingdom Hall on Memorial, video included

by Crazyguy 201 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon
    Wow, nearly exactly 30 years ago - my memory cells haven't given up the ghost just yet :thumbsup:
  • PokerPlayerPhil
    PokerPlayerPhil

Road to Revenge, it's been a long time since that Kingdom Hall incident, JWs are very lucky exJWs are not radical individuals and more peaceful than they are.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/road-to-revenge-20140829-3e8yo.html

"During my research for my book The Family Court Murders (published by Random House next week), which was sparked by a story I worked on as associate producer of Channel Seven'sSunday Night, I located excommunicated Jehovah's Witnesses Anne and Warryn Stuckey. The Stuckeys had left the church long before the Casula hall was bombed and lived at an isolated farmhouse in NSW. With media interest high following the 1985 bombing, Warryn had answered a TV journalist's question about what sort of person might be responsible for the bombing.

While he "utterly condemned the action", he added that "I have met people who have been sufficiently disturbed by what's happened to the family [after excommunication] to take that course". Shortly after, they received an unexpected visit from a stranger with a hard, pock-marked face, who sat at their kitchen table complaining that his wife was involved with the Jehovah's Witnesses and demanding whether, because Warryn had spoken on television, they knew the identity of the bomber. "The hairs went up on the back of my neck," Anne recalls. "I realised with horror that I was looking at the bomber." When he didn't get the information he wanted, the stranger left.

Two years later, while watching the news on TV, Anne saw an image of Leonard Warwick as he walked from the 1986 coronial inquest into the death of Graham Wykes during the hall bombing. "I screamed out to Warryn, 'Quick – this is the same man who came to our house asking strange questions.' " Anne has no doubt about his identity. "It was Leonard Warwick," she shudders. "It still terrifies me."

Last year, following the airing of the Sunday Night story, the NSW Unsolved Homicide Unit announced the formation of a task force dedicated to examining these cases. Andrea, who has now reverted to her maiden name, Blanchard, takes a cynical view of the new investigation. "It took 'em bloody long enough, didn't it?" she says."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit