These guys crash a Kingdom Hall on Memorial, video included

by Crazyguy 201 Replies latest jw friends

• pbrow
    pbrow

Morpheus... I am not downplaying the potential. They were not there to pull off a violent uprising. They clearly wanted to drink the wine in front of everyone give a 45 second not-so well thought out statement and then self promote as they left the bldg. Could they have done more? Yes but I can only comment on what they actually did which not incidentally was not violent.

I dont know what you mean by "your training" also teaches you what "danger" really is. CLEARLY these kids did not rise to the level of dangerous. Inappropriate? Sure. Unusual? Yes! Dangerous? Negative k.

pbrow

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Pbrow, my statment was clear and explained in a straitforward way. I will sumerize though for ease of consumption:

if you behave badly in a small way it must be assumed you are willing to behave badly in larger ways.

• whathehadas
    whathehadas
    @pbrow All points a side. Why do you keep calling those guys kids? They're in their 40's.
  • pbrow
    pbrow

So if they are willing to stand up in the memorial, drink the wine, say a few words about 1914 being bs and try to get people to friend them on facebook, then they are willing to shoot people, give people heart attacks and carve letters into peoples foreheads.

Got it. It really is a scary world where you live.

hadas... my bad... my initial reaction was they seemed younger. Looking back at it they do seem a bit older.

pbrow

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I just watched the first video in the OP (the 2nd video has been removed). That guy is an arsehole. Do free speech laws in the US give him the right to be an arsehole in this way? Probably, but that doesn't lessen his arseholiness.

He has the right to 'shout fire in a crowded theatre' and while I would defend that right I certainly don't defend the obnoxious skidmark* he left all over such a valuable and cherished freedom.

But yes, he has the right to reinforce a cult members bunker mentality, to reinforce cult doctrine about mentally diseased apostates, to help cult parents reinforce cult dogma into the impressionable minds of their children.

Everything about that sorry, lazy, insensitive and counterproductive performance and the attempt by some here to justify it goes to show how little some people are concerned with what is actually important.

The people we love.

If you'd done that in my Mother's Kingdom Hall I'd be trying to find you, you self absorbed, arrogant little arsehole and waving the banner of free speech in my face wouldn't protect you.

*a British euphemism

• Simon
    Simon
    So if they are willing to stand up in the memorial, drink the wine, say a few words about 1914 being bs and try to get people to friend them on facebook, then they are willing to shoot people, give people heart attacks and carve letters into peoples foreheads.

Of course not. It was demonstrating how you chose a path and it's hard to cheer and clap all the way along that path up to a certain point that then crosses it. It's better to make the choice "the path" rather than how far you are willing to push things or where you draw the line.

It's a much clearer position to say "we don't support this approach" - being disruptive, aggressive in whatever form. People are entitled to worship in peace without harassment.

Why? Because we demand the freedom to live in peace without them bursting into our homes / theatres / whatever and preaching to us.

You can't excuse one and condemn the other. Well, you can - we call those hypocrites.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

If you'd done that in my Mother's Kingdom Hall I'd be trying to find you, you self absorbed, arrogant little arsehole and waving the banner of free speech in my face wouldn't protect you.

I hear what you are saying although I would not stoop to their level. I made the point earlier that if that had being a KH that my mother attended and they upset her, I would be pissed off at those people to. Maybe my mother was misguided by this organization but she was faithful in what she believed and had never harmed anyone. She like a lot of dubs are good people and don't deserve to be disrespected. Like some other poster said on here we all have issues with the WT, they are out enemies not the average R&F members.

• whathehadas
    whathehadas

I understand the sentiments of the ones against this protest. I wouldn't do it, even in a more thoughtful approach. That's me but I just don't agree on NOT doing this type of protest at all. I do think that a aggressive statement is needed sometimes. This protest was JUST for the memorial, which is once a year as you know. It's not like they go to Kingdom halls every week and do this. Something said between the fluff will stick on someone's brain. Regardless, WE are ALL ENEMIES of the WT whatever your approach is. A staunch believer will avoid everything critical of their beliefs.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    WE are ALL ENEMIES of the WT

I'm not. Don't misunderstand me, I wish for their demise as much as anyone but my efforts don't centre on them at all. We need to stop fixating on bringing down the Watchtower and make a more positive effort to reach the people we care about.

The Watchtower Society is irrelevant.

• whathehadas
    whathehadas

"The Watchtower Society is irrelevant"? Not to the believing JW. You ARE a enemy to them, if you speak out against their beliefs and leadership. How is it possible to reach out to the people we care about without bringing down the WT? You can't get to one without running over the other.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit