I'm an ABSENTHEIST. Are you also?

by EdenOne 284 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

It just dawned on me. The existence of God can't be proved, neither is there evidence of God's inexistence. So, I'm neither theist neither atheist. To be an agnostic is to embrace the possibility that God may exist, without evidence to back it up and the certainity that God cannot be known. So, what evidence is there about God? In a word: his ABSENCE. So, here's my newly found belief: I'm ABSENTHEIST.

Are you one also?

Eden

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I might be an Absinthest . .

That's some tasty stuff! 😉

• cofty
    cofty
    neither is there evidence of God's inexistence

Yes there is. Which god are you referring to?

• prologos
    prologos

some try to steal my belief in a creator, but is an

Absent Heist. I remain a obsessed Deist

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Cofty, by definition there's no evidence of anything's inexistence, God's or otherwise. Yahweh or Thor or the Big Unicorn in the Sky. Gotta love that rabid neo-atheism, huh? However, the ABSENCE of something or someone CAN be attested. And hence, I declare myself "absentheist".

Eden

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl
    Belief in the absentee god is called deism.
  • prologos
    prologos
    Can we reproache the creator of creating and then hiding -- in absentia? I am a deist.
  • cofty
    cofty
    by definition there's no evidence of anything's inexistence

Nonsense.

Once you carefully define "god" we can begin to prove it doesn't exist.

Theists rarely have the courage or intellectual honesty to do so.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    There are things that evolution for example can't explain and life has not been able to be created by man so I still believe in a creator. But this guy's doesn't seem to care about us and is definitely not the god of the Bible.
  • EdenOne
    EdenOne

No, this is not a belief in a God that is absent. It's a belief that the only thing that can be said about God is that God is absent.

Eden

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit