Why is ok to copy the FLOCK book and not CoC?

by cyberjesus 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Ok so both books are copyrighted, Bottleofwater just asked to get a copy of CoC a book that would save his life. However when he asked for a copy he got replies that called him a thieve and many other things. However when copying the new FLOCK book many here copy the book and pass it along and not many say the same thing....

So I wonder what do you think? is it right to copy the FLOCK book but not ok to copy CoC? is there a double standard? Are we like Robin Hood?

what are your opinions? CoC will save someones life... what would Ray say (after all he owned the Copyright)

I am just questioning the board.

• St George of England
    St George of England

If it was possible to walk into your local bookstore or Amazon site and PURCHASE a copy of the Flock book, then I think you should do so. As it is, due to WTS secrecy, the ONLY way to obtain a copy is by copying.

George

• possible-san
    possible-san

cyberjesus.

Probably, is it this thread?
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/200429/1/Anywhere-to-download-In-Search-of-Christian-Freedom

Well, with regard to that CoC, I have criticized Lady Lee's attitude once.
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/184144/6/the-Watchtower-December-15-2009-PDF
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/forum/announcements/186021/1/Posting-links-to-downloads-of-R-Franz-books-CoC-ISoCF

But probably this may be an issue of money, not the issue of copyright.
    That is, this/CoC is the food of a life of Franz's family.

possible

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

I Understand. I actually dont want to spend any money on ANYTHING. My question here is because by reading the board I saw two different rules. So someone has to call on it.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

The bOrg is morally bankrupt. It has no scruples dealing with us. We need every tool we can get our hands on to help to protect ourselves and our families from it.

Cynthia was Ray's wife, is as honest as the day is long, and deserves the income.

My copy is on my bookshelf for anyone to read.

• oldlightnewshite
    oldlightnewshite

I think considering the whole PILE of money us chumps threw into the WT$ over the years, we have a right to anything they print. Regarding CoC, yeah, it saves lives. Ray's probably made his money, and I doubt he'd begrudge somebody their life back. I bought a copy, then downloaded a PDF simply because I couldn't be arsed to do it myself. I think if I'd downloaded the PDF first, I'd want to buy the book just to say thanks to Ray for the great sacrifice he made. It's sickening how he and his wife were tossed on the scrapheap by the Org after their life of slavery.

• fokyc
    fokyc

"This publication is not for sale. It is provided as part of a worldwide

Bible educational work supported by voluntary donations."

I for one firmly believe that we are entitled to a copy of this book. This is a charitable organisation to which most of us have subscribed. This book is as important to members of the congregations as all the other books, Bible and other study books.

As it was not for sale, there is NO financial loss, any claim in courts would not be about money and would be seen as vexatious litigation.

The way the WTBTS have gone about this book has been stupid to say the least, they have lost face. This is like Pandora's box and there is no return.

• anglise
    anglise

The elders book is distributed free of charge from the publishers

Cof C isnt and I have happily got my copy from Amazon

Anglise

• cattails
    cattails

The PDF of CoC and ISoCF are available for about less than $10 download at

http://www.commentarypress.com

The KS10 PDF is an abomination by WTS standards, which makes it fun to download and share.

:-)

I urge anyone who hasn't read them yet to spend the minimal download fee and read Ray Franz's books!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit