Haven't posted in a while...again!

by LunaFing 2 Replies latest jw friends

• LunaFing
    LunaFing

Hey everyone! I'm resposting a thread I started in the begining of the month. I didn't get a chance to check on it and reply to the few people that responded to it. I thank everyone who did. Here is the post:

Hello guys! I have been MIA for a while, but now I'd like to share my new situation and get some feedback: Last year, I was diagnosed with rapid cycling bipolar disorder. My husband (who is not a JW) and my very JW family didn't take it seriously. I went without meds for a few months before I ended up in a mental hospital. After that, both my husband and my family got involved with my treatment. It's been a year sincie my hospitalization and my situation hasn't imporved. My husband and I are separated because he can't deal with my illness and my mother keeps hounding me about coming back to the "truth". She tells me that the only way I'm going to get better is to embrace Jehovah. This is a very long story, which I will explain in lenght in a later thread. I'm very manic and can't concentrate right now. Does anyone know what kind of info the WT gives to JW's on how to deal with bipolar? I've read a few articles and they are right on the money. What I don't understand is why my mother won't stop hounding me about coming back. Any suggestions on what I can say to her? Help!

• zzaphod
    zzaphod

I`m sorry to hear of your illness and the family problems arising from it. I can only say that I think you should follow your Doctor/Psychiatrists advice and try to get your bipolar under control. At times like this, the most important person is you, I`m sure you`ll be more able to address your family issues when you are in better health.

As for what the WT has to say on the issue of Bi-polar, I honestly have no idea, but I`m sure any caring person whether a JW or not would advise you to follow what your doctor says, and take the medication prescribed.

I hope you feel better soon, and manage to sort out your family problems.

All the best

Paul UK

• Ding
    Ding

I agree with Zzaphod.

Some issues require medical treatment.

When people start to feel better, they often go off their medication because they think they don't need it any more.

That causes all kinds of problems.

I will be praying for you in this difficult time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit