January 2011 Awake!

by factfinder 2 Replies latest jw friends

• factfinder
    factfinder

I just checked and the Jan.2011 issue of Awake! PDF is now up on the jw.org website.

I noted that it was printed in Canada. So I guess the Canada branch must have gotten their new press and from now on will print the U.S. magazines there.

The average printing per issue went up to 39.9 million, an increase of more than 1.4 million per issue. The printing for The Watchtower must have also gone up then. Have to wait until next Thursday to find out what it is.

The US branch probably printed over 270 million magazines then for the 2010 Service year. I guess for the first time in their history there are no issues of The Watchtower and Awake! being printed now in the USA. Canada's magazine production will go way up.

Does it really save money for the society to print the magazines in Canada instead of here in the USA? The Canada branch still has to ship the magazines here.

• pirata
    pirata

Canada prints the Magazines.

US prints the other publications.

Specialization allows for more efficient use of the printing presses. I suspect it will also minimize printing interruption US headquarters move out of Brooklyn.

• factfinder
    factfinder

thanks pirata!

Was there any kind of announcement made in the congregations about this new arrangement for Canada printing magazines for the USA and about the new press for Canada?

It won't really surprise me if nothing was said about it in the congregations and most witnesses won't even notice it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit