Just to see...

by SoJo16 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• SoJo16
    SoJo16
    I walked by the local double hall this afternoon on my way home from work at about 4:30 pm. You would never know it's a special night. No cars in the lot, nothing swept, no flowers or decorations...totally dead.
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Makes sense. Memorial can't start till after sundown. What did you expect?
  • blondie
    blondie

Well, the actual ceremony doesn't start until after sundown. When is that in your area and then add a reasonable amount of time before. Some people are just always late, and some congregations, especially elders.

It is fairly cold around here now 39 degrees F so no flowers outside. The entry swept, perhaps a final sweeping by the one who arrives first.

• SoJo16
    SoJo16
    Well, since I received an invite to Memorial in the mail, and thought I'd check out the vibe before the big event. Every other Christian house of worship in town has signage for this weekend welcoming visitors and decorations or flowers out in front. The hall was a stark contrast--I mean stark. It did not make me want to come back after dark. That's what I expected.
  • blondie
    blondie
    It can be a regional thing...no signs or flowers at private homes. Some churches have banners outside and certain colors represent the season. Easter egg hunts, 5 at local parks are advertised in the paper. A few families decorate the small still naked trees in front of their homes with colored plastic eggs bur no decorations like Christmas or Halloween.
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    They also could be having it at a community center or something and didn't worry about cleaning up the hall for that reason. Kh's in my area usually have it at a community center.
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp
    It's just becoming the same ole same ole.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit