call me naiive .... posting comments to Watchtower YouTube videos

by Nickolas 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

I am feeling rather foolish. I've watched a number of YouTube videos posted by Jehovah's Witnesses and afterward have left what I think are thoughtful, non provocative comments, but not agreeing with the video's message. I started reading the comments left before my own on the last one I watched:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E8A65tdZ7Q&feature=related

and discovered that all the comments are supportive, all of them, gung ho supportive. These two are on the first page and are telling:

"Just a reminder— SHOW EXTREME CAUTION when clicking on any link to a channel on this video comments page! Only the comment is evaluated, unlike on our channel, which is more fully vetted,? screened, & filtered. Love you all, JWN"

"Hi JWN Wouldn't it be a good idea to disactivate (or vet) comments under your videos. I do? so wish the friends would not provide a platform for apostates and haters on Youtube. We really need to get smart and stop playing into the hands of those that would publisize their hateful views. Great vids by the way (keep it up). Your sister, Sunshine

I do not expect my comments to survive, even though they are thoughtful and do not in any way constitute a hateful view. The original poster, at least, will have read them. It is, however, a little disconcerting that YouTube is being employed as a propaganda and indoctrination tool, maybe even a little frightening.

• ninja
  • Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Here's an idea. When some really good anti-Watchtower videos posted quotes from the Watchtower lit, some self-righteous JWs complained about copyright infringement to youtube and youtube automatically removed the videos.

Do the same thing to the JWs if they quote from the Watchtower mags or books.

Complain to youtube about copyright infringement and they'll remove the vids. Youtube has WAY too many videos up there to bother with investigating every complaint; they just take the cautious route and remove any vids complained about.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

I must have been sniffing something, ninja. Older and wiser now.

by the way, Robbie Burns you are not.

cheers, have been enjoying your posts.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Perhaps you should have quit while you were ahead, old boy.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Hmmm. Can't beat a good single malt. Have one for me. On second thought, have two. It's been a rough day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit