Churches go WAY more out on Jesus death then JW's ever did during this week!

by EndofMysteries 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

My significant others church, what do they do on the week of Christs death? Sunday service all based on Jesus death, big 50 person choir, performances, etc. Last night some special service, they have a sit down passover w/ the bread and wine, then 24 hours it's open w/ special places for anybody any time of night to come and pray if they want. Tonight some other special service, "Good Friday" is what they call it, focused on his death. Then Easter Sunday all about his resurrection.

Yet as a JW was taught only JW's really cared about Jesus death, that everybody else just did Christmas and Easter, having nothing to do with Jesus.

They also have communion every month, as Jesus did say, "Keep doing this in remembrance of me" and "As often as you do this". He didn't say "Do this once a year on this date".

Anyway it's just interesting seeing how these other churches really celebrate his death, sacrifice, and resurrection throughout the whole week, yet JW's have a quick boring talk passing bread and wine but rejecting partaking and call it a year.

• fukitol
    fukitol

The memorial is the REJECT JESUS ceremony for JW's.

No such thing as a mere 'observer' of the memorial in scripture; all Christians were commanded to partake.

No such thing as a 'true Christian' who wasn't in the new covenant either, according to scripture

But booze Rutherford said that' s all old hack, he knew better.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Yep, it's a big deal in most Christian churches. Actually it starts with Lent and it's forty days of meditating on what Jesus did for us and then the huge celebration of his resurrection at Easter. Yup, growing up witness I had no idea!! Thought it was mostly eggs and bunnies. Actually I don't think its a coincidence that Jesus died and was resurrected in the spring. It's all about hope and joy and life.

But witnesses are quite full of themselves to think their bizarre little ritual is so amazing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit