Antiwar protests

by d 3 Replies latest jw friends

• d
    d

What was it like living diuring the antiwar protests 60's era as a Jehovah Witness? Was it exciting as it was signs of the times.Or did some of you just not really care about the antiwar protests.

• blondie
    blondie

I lived in a large university town where there were demonstrations every day along with gas, store windows broken, arrests. You just stayed away from those areas like non-jws did. It was mostly students who protested so it stayed in the university area. Not as "exciting" as 9-11. The jws that were affected most were young men subject to the draft trying to get a minister's deferment. Some didn't and went to prison, I supposed that might be considered "exciting" if you weren't the one going and they weren't your family or friend.

• designs
    designs

An outrageously unpopular war played into the hands of the Society. I'm surprised Barry McGuire's 'The Eve of Destruction' wasn't made a Kingdom Melody.

Those of us who went to Jail, Prison, or were sentenced to hospital or community service got Zero help from the Society.

• Ding
    Ding

<< Those of us who went to Jail, Prison, or were sentenced to hospital or community service got Zero help from the Society. >>

"Ask not how the borg can serve you; ask how you can serve the borg."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit